Maybe I Was Wrong

The next morning reminded me clearly of when Grandma and I would have breakfast together. As I was preparing myself for the day after a nice calming shower. The smell of maple syrup hit my nose.

I have always been a waffle over pancakes type of person. Just because Grandma would spoil me with her homemade of waffles with a tint of sweetness.

After I was finished combing my hair throwing on my sleeping clothes, because I highly doubt we were going anywhere until tonight. I still made the mistake of accepting Miles offer.

Leaving my bedroom, I see Jazz carrying a laundry basket as she left the room. She on a mesh dress with a black tee shirt dress inside. She had a very different style then most people at my school.

"Good morning." I said. She turns around giving a large smile.

"Good morning, Sage." Jazz greets me.

"I heard that there's an event tonight part of the mafia. Are you going?" I ask.

"Sadly, I have a night shift and even past Martinez offering to let me have another day off I have to help fill in for the other girls. I've been one before, so I won't be missing anything." Jazz answers honestly.

"I made a stupid decision." I said.

"Woah, that was random. Why what did you do?" Jazz ask as we walked down the stairs.

"Miles asked me last night if I could be his date or something to the occasion and I said yes." I answer.

"Well I guess I'll be missing something. I thought you said you didn't have any sort of feelings towards him." Jazz reminded me.

"I don't, but I couldn't deny him I would've felt bad." I reply.

"Girl, I can change that. You have to say no to some people. You can't always be that soft." Jazz says.

"Wow, thanks." I said. Jazz chuckles.

"Well, go ahead and enjoy breakfast with your lover boy." Jazz replies walking away with the laundry basket.

I looked forward at the dining table. Sitting at the table was Jo, Miles, and Tom. Martinez and Francisco weren't present. Beginning to walk over to the table. Jo turns to look at me.

"Good Morning Sage." Jo said sweetly.

"Good Morning Jo." I reply back.

"Come sit and enjoy some breakfast with us!" Miles intrigued. I nodded, giving him a false smile as I sat down at the table all the way to the left. Tom was plastering syrup all on his pancakes.

"Sage, what would you like for some breakfast?" Sofia ask walking into the kitchen.

"Do you have any waffles?" I ask.

"Excuse me? You like waffles rather than pancakes?" Tom interrupted our conversation.

"I just like waffles more than pancakes." I reply. Sofia glanced over at Tom raising her eyebrows at him.

"Well, Sage we actually do have waffles. I will get them ready for you." Sofia said turning around opening the fridge. I see her pull out the frosted bag of frozen waffles.

"Aren't you guys excited for tonight?" Martinez's famous voice entered into the room happily. Francisco was on his phone following behind him.

"Yes, it's been too long since we've had an occasion like this and since Sage is coming with us. It will be a new experience." Miles answers happier than ever.

"Sure Miles." Martinez said seating himself at the head of the dining table.

"Well, Sage accepted my offer of going with me tonight." Miles adds. I suddenly lost my appetite.

"Really?" Francisco says surprisedly.

"Yeah, I guess her dare didn't mean anything to her." Miles chuckles. Francisco rolls his eyes before taking a seat in the chair in front of me.

He gave me a cold glare before grabbing an fresh plate from the center of the dining table. Putting two pancakes on top of each other. Using the spoon to grab the strawberries and blueberries onto the side of his plate.

I looked over at Miles who was just casually enjoying his breakfast. I rolled my eyes towards him, even through he couldn't see me. I wanted to just punch him in the stomach. Couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

***

"He was just upset. Annoyed. Jealous. Angry." I explained to Jazz who was just finishing up folding up her clothes.

"I told you, not to accept Miles's offers. Did you tell Francisco that you didn't have any sort of feelings for Miles?" Jazz ask. I nodded my head, feeling stupid.

"That's the key mistake, you and Francisco had a conversation a lot earlier this morning. Maybe that's a sign he had some connection with you." Jazz suggested. I almost died from laughter.

"Francisco? The guy who women on daily bases. Please. I will pass on that." I reply. Jazz finished clearing out the laundry basket as she pushed it to the corner of the room.

"Any girl would feel true envy finding out that you and Francisco had a true relationship. Not one where you sleep together and it's over. A serious one. With many of dates, kisses, gifts, hugs." Jazz listed. I wanted to start laughing again, but I contained myself.

"Well, I don't have any connections with Francisco. I don't even consider him as friend to be fully honest. He's just a guy who took me for an important reason and he didn't even tell me why." I acknowledged.

"How would you react if Francisco had feelings towards you. Just deny him?" Jazz ask.

"There is no way. I have nothing Francisco desires. A nice body with big things." I answer.

"Maybe you somehow changed his perspective on thing after spending a week with him." Jazz replies. I could tell she was holding back a laugh.

"Yeah right. I can't change anyone and I'm glad I can't. If you don't want to change than don't." I tried to tell her, she just shrugged her arms grabbing a shirt with some leggings.

"Well, best of luck towards you tonight. Have fun with Miles." Jazz replies chuckling.