Chapter 17

Tori's pov.

The morning rise and we're still walking. We were almost close to the house. We all walk because we, meaning Clari and I, prefer to walk home instead of inhuman speed. I don't the feeling of the speed.

Matt tried with me, once. And I ended up puking. The worst day ever.

When we reach the house, we found Carter on the couch, watching Adventure Time.

When Nash slams the back door, Carter jump almost 20 feet in the air. He turned and look at us. He look so frightened by everyone's reaction except Clari's and mine.

To tell you the truth, I was afraid of Matt's react; his jaw tense, his eyes turn red as blood, his fists clinches, and stares at Carter.

"Girls, why don't you go up stairs with Hayes, we need to talk to Carter for a minute." Cam said, looking at Clari, Hayes, and I .

"Why do I have to go with the girls?" Hayes whines.

"Because I say so." Cam said in a deep voice. Soon, Clari and I ran up the stairs. Man, I didn't think Cam's voice would be so demanding and deep. I'm lucky that I didn't pick him.

Hayes follow us after we shut the door. We are in my room (it was Matt's room, but it's ours) and sat on the bed. It's a bit awkward because we never talk to Hayes so I try to break the silence.

"How are you, Hayes?" I ask.

"Fine." He shrugs.

"Do you still go to school?"

"Yea, I have to transfer schools because we're always moving around." He explains.

"Why?"

"You ask a lot of questions, don't you?" He was already annoyed.

"Sorry, I'm just curious."

"Haven't you heard the phrase 'Curiosity kills the cat'?"

"Yea, I know I'm going a little bit too far. It's just that I don't want this to be awkward for us." I shrug.

"Oh." He said.

"Oh." I mock him.

"Can you not?"

"Can I do it? Yes." I giggled.

"That's not what I'm asking."

"I don't care." I said and Clari giggles too.

"What's so funny?" Hayes asks Clari.

"Nothing." she laughs so hard.

"Ok, maybe we should stop talking." Hayes said, getting a little creeped out. 

"I guess." I shrugged and look around the room. The room still looks the same since I have left. I wonder how Matt had been since I was gone. Or the guys. Or Clari.

I heard a knock on the door then someone open the door. Matt enter in and motive me to come with him. I nod and quietly said bye to Clari and Hayes.

"Come on, I want to show you something." Matt said after shutting the door.

"Ok, where are we going?" I smile wide and took his hand.

"Somewhere." He playfully tug me.

"But where?"

"That's for you to find out."

"Aww come on, Matt. I hate surprises."

"Not my problem." He smirked.

"Fine, I'll find out." I sarcastically said. I roll my eyes and follow Matt.

"Bye Matt, bye Tori!" Nash and the Jacks shout.

"Bye!" Matt shouts back.

Together, we walk out of the house and walk into a street. There were other houses, big and beautiful houses. They were all in different beautiful colors. I smiled because weren't alone anymore.

Maybe those boys weren't so bad after all, they care for us. Should Clari and I care for them too? I think we should. After all, Matthew likes me.

Or does he loves me?

I don't know, I don't get with this vampire- matting thing. I don't know I really love him. I mean I like-like him, a lot. I believe he's the right boyfriend for me, but what if he doesn't like me for who I am? I don't know how to react when he rejects me. Clari will be overprotective on me and will, possibly, kill Matt for hurting me.

"Here we are." Matt snap my thoughts out. I look at this beauty.

"Oh my ...."

* * * *

Austin's pov.

I was sitting on the couch when Tori and Matthew left. I still can't figure it out. I recognize him from somewhere.

"Hey, what ya thinking?" Nash asks.

"Nothing." I said, looking at the t.v. in front.

Someone knocked the front door, Shawn went to open the door. My eyes focus on the t.v. screen. I have no idea what is on.

"Hey, girl!" Shawn said.

"Hey, Shawn." A person giggles. My heart flatters a bit, but I push it away.

"Oh, hey Mahogany. How are you?" Nash greets the person.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. Who's this?" I look at the person. It was a girl, a pretty girl.

Wait, I can't think that she's a pretty girl. Maybe a beautiful girl.

I felt a nug on my shoulder. I turn and gave a glare.

"This is Austin, Austin this is Mahogany." Shawn said, making me to look at Mahogany.

"Hey." She simply said.

"H-Hi." I said.

I'm so dumb. Why did I stutter in front of a girl? God, why this world hate me so much?

She giggles and walks away. Thank God, but what was the feeling I had? This is weird. This has never happen to me. I've always like guys, not silly little girls. Nope, I'm not going to fall for a vampire girl.

'Hey, if you're wondering. I'm reading your mind, so be careful when you say out loud.' Nash's voice called into my mind.

'Gee, thanks Mr. Know-It-All. Just what I need.'

'Ha ha ha, very funny. Just don't mix your feelings with another. And DON'T miss with her.'

'Alright, alright, just leave my head alone. Please?'

'I can't, I'm a mind reader. I can't stop reading minds unless they block themselves.'

I roll my eyes and continue watching the t.v.; I still don't know what we're watching. It's about some talking weirdo dog and freaky weird boy that wiggles his arms. Then pop out a vampire girl.

Oh, the vampire girl, Mahogany. And her beautiful blond/brown hair. And her curvy hips that makes me want to ....

Ugh, stupid conscience. I hate you so much. I'm gay and I won't change for any reason.