Fire It Up

Short little filler chapter here, but this idea popped in and made me laugh, so here it is. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Gajeel's P.O.V.

It was still early to be going to the kids, and I was still a tense, so I went back over to the guildhall. I wouldn't be harassed by the sound and smell of a certain woman, since I knew she was back now. I threw the doors open and walked up to the bar. My workout had burned enough energy that I felt like eating again, so I had the demon woman grab me some iron. While waiting for my food, my gaze wandered around the hall. Salamander was sitting at a table not far from me, talking really loud.

I grinned to myself and reached into my pocket for my portable music player. Watching out of the corner of my eye to make sure he didn't leave, I scrolled through my songs. I've been wanting to try this for a few days now... Making sure the volume was really low, I started the song, then sat the player in my lap so no one would see it. I've got a bad case of turning it up, it's getting cold in here, so somebody FIRE IT UP! At the word "fire" I saw his ears perk up, and the second time it went through the chorus he shoved himself up from the table. "I'M ALL FIRED UP! WHO WANTS TO FIGHT?!"

I set the player on the bar, then chuckled and jumped off my chair. "Well if yer wantin' to start one, I'll end it!" Making my fist into an iron club, I slammed him in the face. He went flying, crashing into the ice boy as I heard the music turn up. I glanced back over my should to see the She-Devil giggling as she cranked it up. Damn, she's scary. I think she enjoys these fights as much as we do...

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Stripper boy was yelling at the Flame-Brain. "Nothing's wrong with me! Gajeel knocked me into you! Think I like getting knocked into you, ya ice perv?!" I ran up to the two who were glaring daggers at each other, and slammed into both of them. "You princesses gonna stand around talkin' all day? Or are we gonna fight?" They shared a look, then sprung up from the floor at me, fists first. I ducked underneath them both, throwing punches into their stomachs.

I heard a rush of air from both of them and straightened, jumping back out of range. Then for some reason I was flying sideway across the room. "What the hell is wrong with it being cold in here?" Gray was yelling, hearing the words of the song for the first time. He had formed a block of ice around his fist, must have been what he clocked me with; there was a cold spot on the side of my head.

FIRE IT UP! C'MON AND FIRE IT UP! Flames exploded out of the Salamander, and he launched himself at me. We exchanged punches for a moment before Gray jumped in, and I honestly lost track of who was hitting who. I got sent flying again, and crashed into a table. "Hey! Watch it!" I looked up from the floor to see the booze wench, Cana, holding her barrel of ale up to the side where she'd saved it from destruction. "A real man doesn't destroy people's drinks!" That idiot yelled, grabbing ahold of my shirt and throwing me back at my opponents.

I grinned evilly and changed both arms into iron clubs again, and used the momentum of the throw to sock them both in the face. I realized they weren't the only ones fighting at this point, we had a regular mosh pit going on. With a laugh, I waded into the mix, throwing punches and kicks at anyone close enough. Aah, this is fun. My music had kept playing, one loud song after another, egging us on. I felt several hits against my back at once, and staggered forward a little, turning it into a roll and coming up in a crouch. I turned around and looked for an opening to wade back in, but suddenly the music stopped.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Titania was standing by the bar, my music player in her hand. "WHO STARTED THIS?" Technically it was me, although no one aside from Mira should have known that. I looked at her over Erza's shoulder, and saw her motioning for me to leave. I glanced at Titania's face and decided that was a good idea, and dashed out the door while she was yelling at a certain pink haired idiot. I kept running for a block or two, then collapsed on a bench at the side of the road, laughing like an idiot.
Man! I haven't had fun like that in a long time!