Encounter

Gajeel's P.O.V.

Damn. That was a waste of a day. Those brats were harder to teach than I'd thought. It's not that they weren't trying, but I couldn't get them to understand how to read. To be honest, I probably wasn't the best teacher on that subject. Dad had taught me how, and I enjoyed reading, but I guess that didn't mean I could teach others.

I sat down on a low wall that ran around a park in the city, and rested my head in my hands. "I guess words ain't easy to learn." I muttered to myself. "U-um, Gajeel?" a small voice said from behind me. I turned to see a tiny bluenette sitting against a tree nearby. "Yeah Shrimp? Whatdya want?" She squeaked and blushed, putting her head down a little.

"I'm sorry, no- it's nothing. Never mind." She started piling up the books she had around her, and stood to leave. The stack was almost half her height, which isn't all that tall, really, but it was more books than she could comfortably manage. I sighed and flipped around on the wall, then walked over to take most of the books.

"Where're we going with this mess, Tiny?" I asked. Her face had taken on an interesting shade of red, and I chuckled, though I looked away to save her a little embarrassment at least. "I can carry my own books!" She stated with a little venom in her voice. Maybe some of that red had been anger? Huh, that's a new one from her. I raised an eyebrow at her and just waited.

"Fine!" she huffed. "You can carry those to Fairy Hills, just up the road this way." With the last words she turned, walking away. Gihi, yeah, anger's new from her. It's kinda cute. I realized I was grinning and quickly scowled before she saw. It was nice to not see fear in her eyes. I let myself drop a little behind her, though that was difficult since my legs are so much longer than hers. The view was worth it though.

*********************
Levy's P.O.V.

"It's so nice today, I'm going to go read in the park!" I told Mira after I finished my breakfast, and walked out of the guildhall. Jet and Droy had left for a job earlier, and I hadn't felt like going. It was too pretty out to work today! I went to the library and borrowed several books that I'd been wanting to read. I took them to the closest park, and sat against a tree to read.

I heard people walking down the street nearby, but never looked up. I get like that sometimes when I'm reading. Jet whines about it sometimes, but Droy says he thinks it's funny.

I did become aware when someone sat on the wall near my tree. I looked up and saw Gajeel, and he seemed upset about something. He didn't scare me as much as he used to, after everything he did in the fight against Laxus. I felt my face flush as I remembered him putting himself between me and danger. Again. I was debating saying something to him when I heard him mutter, "I guess words ain't easy to learn." Was he trying to learn to read? But, he read job sheets, didn't he? "U-um, Gajeel?" I heard myself saying. He whipped around like he was startled, his piercing red eyes locking onto me. "Yeah Shrimp? Whatdya want?" I squeaked, and ducked my head down to hide the blush I felt returning to my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, no- it's nothing. Never mind." I started piling up my books to leave. Was I really just going to offer to teach him? The stack seemed bigger than when I got here, and I struggled to get them all into my arms. Why do I feel so flustered? I heard Gajeel sigh, and then his muscular arms were in front of me, taking all but two of my books. He's so strong, it's like my books weigh nothing! I know exactly how heavy they are, but to Gajeel they seemed to take as much effort to carry as a piece of paper.

"Where're we going with this mess, Tiny?" He asked me, one of his pierced eyebrows raised. TINY?! I'm not THAT small! "I can carry my own books!" I snapped at him, although I managed to not stomp my foot. He just kept his eyebrow raised and looked at me.

"Fine!" I huffed. "You can carry those to Fairy Hills, just up the road this way." Before I'd finished speaking, I spun on my heel and started storming towards my home. He had seemed amused about something, but I didn't feel like finding it what. Somehow I stayed ahead of him, even though I usually have issues keeping up with people who are that much taller than me. Maybe he's being nice?

***************
I was waaaaaay too excited to write Levy's POV... ^ - ^