Morning

Gajeel's P.O.V.

I got the feeling I had been dismissed. She hadn't invited me to join her, so she probably wanted some more time to herself. Someday I'll dance with her again...wait, what? I shook my head. Where were these thoughts coming from? This shrimp was starting to get under my skin.

I saw a few guys on the dance floor leering at her again, but I also saw some of their buddies jabbing the first guys with their elbows, pointing in my direction. I fixed my darkest glare on them, and watched them back away from her. I got up, keeping my eyes on them, and moved to a different table. A minute later I saw her look back at the table I had been occupying, and was a little disappointed in the relief I saw in her expression. I stayed where I was, figuring she couldn't see me anymore, and watched her for the next few songs. She was mesmerizing.

********************

I woke the next morning, groggy from not getting enough sleep. I'd stayed out really late watching the tiny woman dance, and then followed her home, to make sure she stayed safe. I scared off two creeps... And a little old lady who was putting her trash out. Gihi. That one still made me laugh. She had thrown her garbage at me.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and headed for my shower. After the water woke me up and I was clean, I got dressed and went towards the warehouse. I wanted to give the kids a heads up that someone was coming with me. I don't really know for sure what made me decide to trust her with them, but I somehow knew she wouldn't bring them to any harm. I skulked around a corner and waited a minute, making sure no one was following me. I took a different path each time I visited the kids so no one would know where I was going. Maybe I was paranoid.

When I arrived at the door, I didn't really knock. I just opened the door, rapping my knuckles against it twice as I did, knowing the sound would echo to let them know I was here. "Gajeel!" I heard the chirp moments before I felt her collide with my back. I could have dodged her, but I kind of liked getting hugs from the little girl. Sam was one of the few people who wasn't ever afraid of me. It was like having a little sister.

"Hey, little bird, wanna start your practice and pop around to get everyone up?" I squeezed her arms gently before I pulled them off me. "Sure!" She said, before hopping a little and popping out of sight. Man, that can be handy. I thudded out into the main area, and waited for my students. They were starting to get used to me, though most weren't as comfortable as Sam. She popped into the room next to me as everyone else filtered in. I waited with my arms folded across my chest for them to settle down.

"Listen up, brats. I'm bringin' another wizard with me in a few hours." I stopped talking as noise erupted into the room. I let them yell for a minute, before I quelled them with a glare. "Shut yer yaps. I ain't done talkin'. Yer gonna obey every single thing she tells ya, or I'll drag yer asses down to the magic council and let them deal with ya." They didn't know me well enough yet to know that wasn't true. I had to establish dominance to make sure they listened to me long enough to learn better survival skills. "Now, I've made sure she won't tell no one about ya, and she'll only be comin' to teach ya words. And maybe figurin'. So, go rest or whatever ya do about now. We'll be back in two hours." With that, I spun on my heel and stomped to the door. I stopped just outside the door and listened to them. A few of the younger littles started freaking out, but Fitz got them calmed down and tried to explain that this was a good thing. It didn't take long for them to all go back to what they'd been doing before I got there.

I walked quietly away from the building. I only make noise when I want to, and I usually only do that for effect. People expect a monster like me to make noise. It typically gets them out of my way, so I don't mind putting on the show. I looked at a clock nearby and saw that it was nearly noon. Still have to wait an hour. I sighed, and looked somewhere nearby to grab a snack. I didn't want to wait at the bookstore and seem too eager...

********************
Levy's P.O.V.

Man, my muscles are so sore! I didn't normally stay so long at the club when I go to blow off steam, but I had a surprisingly harassment free night so I never felt the need to leave. Even after Gajeel left, the creeps I normally had to avoid kept their distance. Having him be so scary isn't always a bad thing. I giggled to myself. Then I flushed as I remembered dancing with him last night. I had been so surprised when I saw Gajeel appear on the dance floor next to me. I've seen the hurt in his eyes when I've been scared of him recently though, so I was trying really hard not to let him see my fear.

"He really IS making an effort to be a better person, I think." I said to myself as I brushed my hair. I had barely had enough energy to shower last night when I got back to Fairy Hills, I definitely hadn't had energy to deal with my tangles. Besides, it was more wavy if I slept on it wet, and I liked it wavy. I don't know what had possessed me to dance with him though. He still scared me sometimes, if I was honest, although I somehow knew he wouldn't hurt me again. I barely knew anything about else him though.

"Well, that'll change in a little bit. He's going to tell me about his dragon slayer enhanced senses!" I had a notebook in my bag already, and I was excited to ask questions. I was pretty sure I could get more info out of him if I asked right. There weren't really a lot of specifics in my library on the changes a person undergoes when they learn magic from a dragon. I looked at my clock and saw that it was already ten thirty. He already knows I frequent that bookstore. If I get there early, he should just think I'm there for the books, right? Hopefully he won't read too much into my eagerness to learn... I threw my bag's strap over my head, settling it across my chest as I ran out the door.