Move

Gajeel's P.O.V.
I got to my house, which was almost all the way across town from the guildhall, and went inside. I was a little jittery after laughing so much. I hadn't laughed like that in a long time. Since I was a child, actually. I couldn't sit still, so I decided to go to a bar around the corner. As I walked in, I realized they had a band playing live. They were singing the perfect song, too. Hey-o here comes a danger up in this club, once we get started, Man we ain't gonna stop, gonna turn it up 'til it gets too hot.

Good. All the noise and people will dull my senses a bit, maybe I can relax. Sometimes having enhanced sight and hearing was exhausting.

I ordered a beer, and found a dark corner where I could just sit and listen to the beat. I put my back against the wall so no one could sneak up on me, the downside of all the noise, and started people watching. You could learn a lot about a person by watching them when they don't know you're there. Not that I'd see anyone I knew. The Fairies stayed on the other side of town, in their own bar, mostly.

As I scanned the room, I thought I caught a flash of blue. Wait, was that..? It had been about the right height, but surely she wasn't here too? I shifted in my seat a little, trying to see around the press of bodies. There was a break in the music, and some people left the dance floor to get drinks allowing me to see a little clearing in the middle. The music started up again, and I saw her. The lead singer was half whispering the lyrics to the song, and she started swaying. Suddenly, the singer yelled,

Move and show me what you can do
When you step into the circle and shake like we do
Move when you just can't take it
And move if you just feel like breaking it

I actually enjoyed this song, and felt myself wanting to dance as well, but my attention was captured by the tiny bluenette. She was definitely moving; her jeans hugging right to hips that were rocking back and forth, her arms over her head. The movement pulled up her top, revealing a strip of skin. I wasn't the only one noticing either, but every time some asshole tried to dance with her, she spun herself away without missing a beat. She was amazing. Finally, I couldn't stop myself anymore. I slid off my chair and through the crowd. The intensity of my stare moved lesser people out of my way, and before I knew it I was near her. I saw her eyes widen as she saw me, but she still didn't miss a beat.

I danced then. Not exactly with her, but our bodies moved in sync. Before I was ready, the song was over. Her face was flushed, and she was breathing heavy, but the grin on her face was all I could see.

She grabbed my hand and dragged me off the dance floor as the next song began. A jolt of electricity went through my body, originating from the hand she gripped, and almost stopping me in my tracks. I finally came back to myself, and directed her towards my table. Regretting it immediately, I pulled my hand from hers, and walked to the bar to get her a drink. "Can I get a water?" I grabbed the glass when it was set on the bar, and headed through the press of people, grinning when I saw her at my table. "Here, Shrimp. You look hot." Her eyes widened, "Uh- I mean- you looked warm! Like you were overheated!" She was laughing again.

"Thank you, Gajeel. For the water." She was still smiling as she brought the glass to her mouth, "and the compliment..." She mumbled. I didn't know if she was aware of my hearing, so I didn't say anything about that last. I just rubbed the back of my neck and looked around the club, leveling glares at the fools who were still eyeing her. Once they saw me, they quickly looked away. "You're handy to have around! They never back down that easily!" She blushed a little as she told me that.

"So, you come here often?" I looked away as I realized that sounded like a pickup line. "I mean, often enough that you know how to deal with those morons, at least." She giggled again. "Um, yeah. I come here when I need to blow off some steam. No one from the guild comes here, so I can really let loose. Jet and Droy have never even been here." By now, she was looking a little self conscious. Gihi, those idiots think they love her, and don't even know this part of her. A sudden thought came to me.

"Alright then, Shorty. I'll keep yer secret, but ya gotta do somethin' for me." She had looked up at me angrily at the nickname, but I saw a little fear in her eyes behind that. I finished quickly, "nothin' major, I just need yer help with somethin'." The tiny Mage still looked a little uncomfortable, but the fear faded a little.

"Okay, what's up?" She sounded like she was forcing the perkiness I heard. "Nothin' now. Meet me at the bookstore ya like over by the river." The fear was back as she looked at me sharply. "How do you know what bookstore I like?!" Shit, I hate how easy I scare her. "I, uh, I smelled ya there one time." This wasn't helping. She looked about ready to bolt. "Hang on, listen. I know that sounds weird. Just, wait. I'm a dragon slayer. Ya know we have an enhanced sense of smell, right? Ya must have just been there recently or somethin' cuz I smelled yer scent. Ya smell like books..." I trailed off, realizing I was rambling.

*********************
Levy's P.O.V.

I felt my fear fading a little more as Gajeel rambled on. The big lug seemed really uncomfortable as he explained how he had smelled me. Smelled me? Okay, that's still weird. "So, I have a scent? And it's unique enough that you knew my book scent over the scent of the books. In the bookstore." He still looked uncomfortable. I giggled a little.

"Okay. Fine. I'll do you this favor, and you'll keep my little secret here. And you'll explain this whole scent thing to me. Tomorrow. What time?" Surprise crossed his face, and relief, and I heard him let out a breath. I looked over his shoulder and saw the band coming back onto the stage. They'd been taking a bit of a break. I heard the opening chords to one of my favorite songs, and I inched towards the edge of my seat. I looked back at Gajeel to see him watching me, a small grin on his face. "After lunch? Say one? I'll meet ya there."

I smiled back at him. "Okay. I'll be there. Now... If you'll excuse me..." I jumped off my chair and ran back out on the floor.