Reader x Jack Frost - A Means to Start Again

Okay so I don't really know anyone with a brain tumour/cancer personally (although my mum does), nor do I know the thought processes of a person who does in their last stages. So that's made up. Sorry for inaccuracies.
DOBBY OUT
P.S. WOOO SONG REFERENCE TITLE. Not sorry.
-~:~-

Snow day, your favourite day. It meant days off school and sitting and reading next to your favourite window, hot cocoa and blankets, and if your friends were actually awake, snow fights and angels.
Or, if fate was especially generous, Jack Frost.
The two of you were close, ever since Jamie, a kid you had once babysat, introduced him to you. You had believed Jamie when he told you about Jack, so you saw him immediately.
You had decided take a walk, stopping in a park that many younger kids were having a snow fight in. You sat down on the bench, closing your eyes for a moment as a wave of tiredness washed over you. Walking as far as you did had been a slight mistake, even if your mother had helped you along the way.
Suddenly, you noticed a certain white haired boy zipping around the edges of the fight, throwing snowballs left and right and dodging before one even came near him.
You smiled to yourself, scooping a ball of snow up and packing it tightly as you could. You knew he hadn't noticed you yet, and as he landed with his back to you, you aimed and threw your snowball.
Thanks to pure luck, he hadn't moved, and the snowball hit him right in the back, surprising him so much that he nearly fell over. You laughed quietly, mentally high-fiving yourself for hitting the Jack Frost. He turned around, immediately seeing you, and walked over.
"I didn't see you there, _______." Jack smiled at you.
You grinned back. "I know. And your reaction was priceless!"
Jack sat on the bench next to you, watching the younger kids play. "You cheated and you know it."
You just rolled your eyes. "Yeah yeah, whatever you say Snow White."
"Did you really just compare me to a Disney princess?" Jack asked, sounding disgusted. "Why?"
You laughed at him. "Because the name matches up."
Suddenly there was a gleam in Jack's eyes. "Hey _______, are you meeting your friends today?"
"They went to sleep around 3 this morning. They won't be up until midday at the latest."
"Good." Jack replied, standing up. "I have something I want to show you." He gently grabbed your hand, which for some reason didn't make you shiver. "Come on."
You stood up, taking his hand and walking to the line of trees. "Where are we going?"
He chuckled. "You'll see, _______."
You rolled your eyes at him. "Aren't you usually freezing cold?"
"Oh, sorry. I forgot." He muttered, letting go of your hand. "Knowing me, I've probably given you frostbite..." He muttered, still leading you through the forest.
"Nah, I was asking because your hand wasn't as cold as normal. Anyways, are we there yet?" You asked, letting your tiredness show in your voice.
Jack laughed at your question. "Not exactly. It'd go a lot quicker if we flew..."
"Wait are you waiting for, Snow White? I'm wearing enough that being in contact with you won't freeze me to death."
"Fine. You okay with a piggyback?"
"Better than the other ways." You muttered, knowing he'd probably hear you.
"You mean like this?" He asked, picking you up bridal style.
"Put me down, Jack." You muttered, trying to get out of his hold.
He laughed, setting you back on the ground. "I need to carry my staff anyways, it wouldn't have worked. You're really light though."
You rolled your eyes, not saying anything. He bent down slightly, and you climbed onto his back. Jack grabbed your legs, waiting for you to hook them around him. You quickly did so, putting your arms loosely around his neck. Jack picked up his staff and almost immediately, the two of you were flying.
At first, you didn't open your eyes. "Oh come on, little miss Fearless! You've flown before!"
"Yeah, on a plane!" You retorted. His only reply was laughter.
After about ten seconds that felt like ten minutes, you opened your eyes, taking in the view of Burgess. "Whoa..." You breathed.
Out of nowhere, Jack decided to spin around, making you grip tighter to him. "Jack Frost! I hate you!" You exclaimed.
"Nah, you love me." He replied, and it didn't take a genius to figure out that he was smiling his trademark troublemaker smirk.
All too soon, he landed in a small clearing in the woods. You climbed down, breathing out a shaky sigh of relief. "I'm never doing that again." You told him, sitting on a nearby rock.
"You're just saying that." He laughed, sitting next to you.
"So, I happen to know you well, which means this isn't some random clearing. Want to tell me the history of this place?" You asked, your gaze travelling around the clearing, which had a lake in the middle of it.
"This is where I was reborn." Jack explained softly, not meeting your eyes.
"Do you come here often?" You asked.
"Sometimes, when I want to think or just really want to get away from everything. Although I haven't visited it a lot recently."
"Too busy being around the awesome me?" You joked, nudging his shoulder with yours.
He laughed, nodding. "Something like that."
The two of you lapsed into a comfortable silence, you watching as Jack made frost patterns. "Was your name as a human actually Jack Frost?" You asked curiously.
He shook his head. "Nah. My name was Jackson. Jackson Overland."
"Jackson..." You murmured, testing out the name. "It suits you. But I'm still calling you Snow White."
"I wouldn't have it any other way, _______." He smiled softly at you.
His hand that wasn't holding his staff rested over yours. "You know, you're not as cold as normal. Are you okay?" You asked, slightly concerned.
Jack shrugged. "I feel fine. In fact, I feel better than ever." He gave you a genuine smile.
You sighed. "I swear you like to make me worry about you so you're on my mind most of the day." You leaned your head against his shoulder, inhaling the cool air. "Mum will want me home again soon." You murmured.
"Your mum seems to let you outside less and less." Jack whined.
You stared at the frozen lake tiredly. "Yeah. I think I might have to take you up on that flying thing." You chuckled.
"Wait, before we go, can I tell you something?" Jack asked. You nodded, a thousand possible scenarios running through your head. "_______, I really like you..." He mumbled awkwardly, not meeting your eyes. "As in, I think I may be in love with you."
You nodded, smiling at him. "Okay, you know this won't change my feelings towards you, right?" You acted nonchalant.
Jack nodded, seeming sad. "I know. I just didn't want to keep it a secret any longer." He stood up, then helping you get up. "Let's go." He muttered, letting you get on his back again.
You closed your eyes tiredly as he flew, the air between you slightly strained. He landed on your front porch, in front of your door. You got down, not meeting Jack's eyes.
"See you around, _______." Jack muttered, turning to leave.
Before he could fly off, you grabbed his wrist, acting on impulse. "Wait," you muttered. He turned around, looking at you expectantly. "I never said anything about how I feel about you, I just said that my feelings wouldn't change." You explained, stepping closer to Jack.
His blue eyes brightened with realisation. He looked like he was going to say something, but you cut him off, kissing him. It was sweet, chaste and simple. And to you, it was perfect.
You stepped back, pulling away and giggling at Jack's expression. "Okay." He muttered, blushing slightly.
"I'll see you around, Jack." You laughed, kissing him on the cheek and going into your house, laughing as you closed the door.
Once you were sure he wasn't outside your door anymore (made obvious by the distant cheer of joy), you banged your head on the door, not caring about the collateral damage. "You idiot. Now he'll be heartbroken when you leave. Well done, _______." You banged your head against the door again, a harder than before.
You didn't expect it when you passed out.
You woke up what felt like a short time later in your bed. You mother was in the chair next to you, her eyes glassy with tears. "You scared us all! We thought you would die!" She sobbed.
"How long was?" You asked slowly, your mother's words taking a while to process.
"Three days." You heard your father speak up from your door. "Ben says you've dropped to four days." He added.
"Mmm." You nodded, closing your eyes again. "Night."
"Sorry sweetie, but you need to eat and have your medicine." Your mother sighed, shaking you gently.
You shook your head. "Don't wanna."
You felt a cool hand push your hair out of your face. "I know, _______, but you still need it."
You grudgingly opened your eyes, complying to your mother's requests as she fed you and give you your medicine. You supposed you were lucky, with your mum as a nurse and your dad as a doctor who specialised in (surprise surprise) brain cancer and tumours. It meant that they pleaded a convincing case that allowed you to die peacefully at home.
Once you had finished eating, your parents left the room so you could sleep. And sleep you did.
Your third and second last day were spent pretty much the same. You slept often and for long periods of time, barely speaking when your mother fed you and gave your your meds.
It was what the doctors predicted to be your last day when Jack visited. It was a rare moment when you were actually awake, staring at the various pictures around your room.
The latch of your window flipped open, drawing your attention to it. You turned your head slowly, watching as the white-haired spirit tumbled in.
"_______! Are you okay?" Jack asked, stopping short and taking in your appearance. "You look like you're about to die." He breathed. You nodded, not bothering to talk. "What happened to you?"
You again didn't respond verbally, indicating to a piece of paper on your bed side table. He picked up the paper and read it, tears pooling in his eyes when he finished reading.
"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you mention that you had brain cancer?" Jack cried, grabbing your hand. Again, it didn't feel cold. This time it felt as warm as your mothers. You didn't - couldn't respond. You closed your eyes, wanting to say sorry yourself, but all you could do was watch Jack and listen as your breathing sounded with the death rattle.
You had fallen asleep some time while Jack stayed with you. You woke up, your window closed and Jack gone. In fact, you were all alone in your room.
Breathing had suddenly become a lot harder and a lot more painful, even harder to accomplish than before. The moon was shining brightly through your window.
You died half asleep and alone, but peacefully. You took your final breath, and closed your eyes and felt yourself pass on.
But you didn't.
You opened your eyes, the moon seeming brighter than before.
Hello, _______, I am the Man in the Moon. You are the spirit of honesty and trust, and you are the keeper of secrets. You can be seen by a few people, but only if they are like you or believe in you. Now go and find Jack. You heard a voice echo, it's chuckle the last thing you heard.
You raced out the door, your limbs strong and agile. "Jack!" You yelled out into the winter air, laughing as you realised what the Man in the Moon had done for the two of you. Jack must have been near, as you saw him zipping around, looking for your voice. "Over here!"
"_______?" He asked as he landed, looking astonished. "You're not alive." He realised.
"I can remember when I was a human. According to the Man in the Moon, I'm the spirit of honesty and trust, and the keeper of secrets."
"Oh."
"You wanna know a special secret?" You asked, smiling at him.
His eyes started to reflect what you felt. "What?"
"I love you." You whispered, hugging him.