Reader x Samandriel - Loud and Clear

Ever since birth, you were deaf. You knew the minute vibrations as they travelled across your skin, the best of a drum if you were lucky. But never were you able to hear.

You stumbled your way through school, learning how to adapt without your hearing. It was a problem at best, and the library was your favourite place to go, the words on paper bringing you comfort.

University was better, you supposed. More people meant actually getting one or two friends that you knew could stick by your side - or so you thought.

"Loooooser!" Olivia mouthed, fully aware of your lip-reading capabilities. She pushed you, but not hard enough to make you fall.

"You thought we were your friends? No way would we be friends with someone like you!" Alanna said, forcing her way in front of you.

Someone pushed you from behind, harder than before. You knew that the boys had joined in. You fell to the ground, mud splattering all over you and into your eyes. There was a pain in the lower part of your spine. Vivian, the girl who knew everything about anatomy.

Then you saw a stranger walking towards your group. One you had never seen in your year and a half in the small town. "Leave her alone." He told the others

You could feel the vibrations of the laughter surrounding you, mocking the stranger. "Yeah right. You wanna join in, cutie?" Olivia asked the stranger, batting her eyelashes

"I told you, leave her alone." The stranger told them again, his bright blue eyes seeming to radiate a hidden power

"No way, man. Now either you fuck off, or you can join her." Kyle's booming voice vibrated against your skin.

For a few seconds, there was no reply from the stranger. You curled yourself up slightly. "Trying to threaten me will do you no good." He replied, talking to Kyle as though he were a five year old.

"Yeah right man. You wanna go?" Kyle threatened. You felt the cheers of agreement from other students.

Then, out of no-where, you were no longer in the tight circle. you were in a room, similar to your common room but different. The place that Vivian has stepped on had turned your legs non-functional, making you paraplegic.

"I'm sorry for their actions." The stranger told you, smiling.

"It's okay. Not the first time I've been bullied." You signed, wondering where you were.

You felt the stranger softly touch your spine, in the same place Vivian had stepped. Light vibrations travelled over you.

"Thank you. What's your name?" You signing, testing your legs. As the stranger had promised, your legs were functioning again.

"Samandriel." He said, you only getting the information from your lip-reading

"Like the angel?" You asked, sitting up. Samandriel nodded "Cool."

"Are you okay, _______?" He asked, looking worried.

"What do you mean?"

"As I believe, humans do not usually sign. They speak whatever language of the country they are in."

You smiled. "How many deaf people have you met? I don't think there's many."

"You're deaf?" Samandriel signed, looking surprised.

"Yeah. Since birth." You explained, expecting him to laugh at you.

Instead, he kneeled in front of you. He gently touched around your ears from some reason. "I can help with that." He signed. "Sorry if this hurts." He warned. He gently touched your ears, then pulled away. "Hello, _______."