Angel!Reader x Dean - Angel and the Hunter

So this one shot is two episodes mashed together.
It took an annoyingly long time to write.
Like it took an entire week.

The song on the side is what I listened to during quite a few parts of the story

Enjoy!

DOBBY OUT!

*whispers* Okay so I just found out this thing is 15 pages long and 11,566 words long. Sorry?

-~:~-

You were the first Seraph in existence, which had always been a lonely gig. Only the archangels and God knew of your existence, and your only friend was Gabriel.
You were hidden away in heaven, and the moment your father finished creating the world, he put you on it, telling you of what was to come and that you were to watch over Dean Winchester.
You were there from his birth, watching over him and his brother when Samuel Winchester was born.
You waited millennia, watching humanity. You kept your Grace closed inside you, creating a human form in doing so and hiding from heaven.
You watched as they raised themselves, John continually hunting the demon that killed their mother. When the younger Winchester died, you watched on sadly as Dean made a deal to bring his little brother back.
That year you had been reunited with your brother, Gabriel. Even if you were invisible to almost every angel, he could still see past your barrier.
After Dean was taken to hell, you sat near his grave, waiting for him to be brought back by one of your brothers. You never let your Grace out, even when you were alone. You doubted you even remembered how to, it had been so long.
You recognised the angel who had brought Dean up. His name was Castiel, and you had remembered watching him growing up. You watched amusedly as your brother had tried to communicate with the older Winchester, only accomplishing breaking glass.
When they finally met, Castiel had shown Dean his wings. In doing so he had punctured a hole in the protective barrier around your Grace.
"You don't think you deserve to be saved." Castiel had said. You already knew. Not from reading Dean's mind, but watching him as he grew up.
You had watched as Uriel and Castiel asked Dean to torture Alistair, something he had learned while in hell. Sitting in the corner, you listened to Dean's tough words and Alistair's snarky replies, closing your eyes every time Dean did something. You could feel the bonds of your barrier cracking with every thing Dean did.
You didn't realise how bad your barrier was until the Winchesters found the prophet, Chuck Shirley. You knew who he was, of course, as like every other angel you had the names and faces of the prophets, but you hadn't met any of them before.
When Sam and Dean looked for Chuck, you waited, watching out for any of your brothers. Soon enough, they found the exact place he lived.
When Chuck opened the door, your barrier split, leaking out even more Grace. You realised who was standing in front of you. Your own father had come down to Earth and was pretending to be a human.
When the Winchesters left, you felt like a fledgling again. "I can't believe it's you, Dad!" You laughed, hugging him. He smiled at you.
"It's good to see you again, _______. I see you've been doing as I've asked. How are the Winchesters?" Chuck replied gently, hugging you back.
"In trouble. Constantly. It seems that ever since Dean got out of hell angelic activity has been cracking the shield around my Grace." You sighed.
"You don't need to hide from the Winchesters, _______. They're going to find out about you very soon."
You stared disbelievingly at your Father. "You wrote me into the story?!"
"Of course I did. They need to know about my daughter who's been watching over them all their lives. Now go back to your charges, _______. I'll see you soon."
You waved at your Father before teleporting to the laundromat the Winchesters were at.
"The guy's good." You heard Sam say.
"Apparently we have an angelic guardian." Dean added, staring at the manuscript Chuck had written.
"Since when?"
"Since I was born. Her name is _______, she's a Seraph, and she's been kept a secret from all other angels except the archangels."
"You just read what you were meant to say off the paper, didn't you?" Sam laughed, shaking his head.
"Yeah." Dean admitted, standing up. He looked in your direction, looking for you.
"Dude, why are you looking over there?"
"The story says she's in that corner over there." He muttered, gesturing right at you.
That was all it took for your barrier to completely disappear. Your Grace came tumbling out. You squeezed your eyes shut, trying to keep it inside, but your eyes opened of their own accord. Your invisibility melted away, leaving only you and your settling Grace.
"Holy shit!" Sam jumped in surprise. He stared at you, taking in your true form. "Who's your vessel?" He asked curiously.
"I have no vessel, Samuel. This is my true form. I naturally changed to human form after I hid my Grace from heaven."
"Why did you need to hide?"
"Because Father told me to hide from most of the Host until Lucifer rises. Only the archangels and Castiel are allowed to know of my existence. And you two, because I have to watch over you." You explained, fiddling with your nails. You looked over to Dean, who was reading the paper. "I already know what's going to happen. Father told me." You commented, knowing exactly what part he was reading.
Dean looked at you wearily, his eyes showing signs of tiredness. "Listen you two, you may as well go to a motel and get some sleep. Staring at me isn't going to get anything done, and I want to meet Chuck properly." You sighed, waving to the door of the laundromat.
Sam did as you asked, while Dean kept on staring at you, a different expression on his face. You rolled your eyes. "I know that you're asking yourself why I didn't help you, and trust me, I wanted to. My job was to make sure that your life ran the way it was intended. Now hurry up." You told him, grabbing his hand and dragging him with you. He didn't fight against it, instead following you.
When they found a motel to stay in, you simply put your visual barrier up, not wanting to make the two of them uncomfortable. Soon, Sam was asleep, but Dean seemed to know you better.
"I know you're here. Turn off your invisibility so I at least know where the creepy staring is coming from." He muttered loud enough that you could hear him. From your position at the table, you let the barrier down. You heard Dean sit up. "Well, at least you're not standing close or anything like that."
You rolled your eyes at him. "I am aware of human social practises, Dean. Father taught me from a young age, in case I didn't want to become invisible to humans when he dropped me off on Earth."
"Yeah, how long ago was that?"
"Six millennia. I've been watching human interaction throughout time as well. Your species was very strange in the time that you call the Medieval era."
"What do you me-wait are you saying that you haven't had any physical contact in six freaking millennia?!" Dean asked, obviously surprised. You nodded, not saying anything. You didn't understand why Dean cared so much about it, you were fine.
From what you had seen of your siblings when you were growing up, you were lucky to receive as much affection as you did. "I don't understand why you care that much, it's not like I really need it." You shrugged.
Suddenly Dean shifted over on the bed, patting the space he had made. You stared at him as though he was insane. "You need a hug or something, and even if you don't sleep I'm happy to hug you." He shrugged casually. You shook your head, blaming his odd behaviour on the fact that he was tired.
Noticing that you weren't going to move, he got up, grabbing your arm and pulling you over to the bed with him. You didn't bother to struggle, knowing that he was too determined to give up.
"Seriously Dean, I really don't care." You told him as he sat on the bed. He rolled his eyes at you and pulled you down to sit next to him. Knowing what he wanted you to do, you moved and laid down on the bed, carefully watching Dean.
He laid down next to you, wrapping and arm around your waist and pulling the two of you closer together. "Relax," he murmured in your ear when he noticed how tense you were. You turned towards Dean, making him chuckle softly. He tightened his hold around your waist, playing with your hair with his other hand. You knew you would almost never admit it, but in that moment you felt as human as you looked.
You even fell asleep.
You woke up with a start, realising that you had dreamed for the first time in your life. You quickly checked around you, noticing that it was 4 in the morning. You didn't bother moving, knowing that if you did you would just wake up Dean, who was asleep.
You watched him as he slept, his face soft and gentle compared to when he was awake. This was always your favourite part of watching over the Winchesters. They looked so calm when they were asleep, except when they were having nightmares.
As if on cue, Dean started shifting around, tangling his legs with yours even more than before. You knew he was having a nightmare without even having to check his mind.
You quickly reached up and pressed two fingers to his forehead, taking the nightmare away from him and replacing it with a better one. Immediately he stopped, the calm expression settling across his face again.
You stayed in the embrace with Dean until he started showing signs of being awake. As soon as he opened his eyes, you teleported to the chair where you had been, acting as though nothing had happened.
"_______, I know you teleported just then. Come back here." He murmured. You giggled at the oldest Winchester.
"No, Dean. You and Samuel need to get up."
"Why?"
"Because Chuck is going to call you in three... Two... One." Dean's phone rang, making him groan in annoyance. "Told you."
You walked over to Sam, pressing your fingers to his forehead and evaporating the sleep fog in his mind as Dean finished his conversation with Chuck. "Wake up. Chuck called."
Sam sat up, yawning as he stretched. "So you're not a weird dream..." You heard him mutter to himself.
You poked him in the shoulder. "No. Not a dream. You've had angel watching over you since birth. Now get over it, idjit." You replied, walking back over to the table.
"One thing I want to know i-" Dean started, a smirk on his face. You cut him off.
"Oh my Father, Dean. There are boundaries I have developed from living around your kind for six millennia, watching that is creepy. I know it, Gabriel knows it, Father knows it, even the bloody hobo across the road knows it." You groaned, face palming. To be honest you were wondering when Dean was going to bring the subject you just entered up. Dean laughed at your embarrassment, something that Sam didn't find as amusing.
"What did Chuck call about, Dean?" Sam interrupted whatever Dean was about to say. You shot him a grateful smile, to which he nodded back to.
"He had another vision."
That was all it took to get Sam moving. You teleported out before the two of them started getting changed, opting to get them breakfast instead of staying around. Turning invisible at a store, you took an apple pie, leaving the correct money for it.
You wondered what to get for Sam, then remembered one of the few times you had eaten recently.
You transported over to an Australian shop, taking a box of Weet Bix and repeating the money process. As soon as you were finished, you teleported back to the motel, screwing your eyes shut as you got there.
"Dude angels can't change their own form, I really don't think she's an angel. That and you said it yourself, angels are dicks." You heard Sam tell Dean.
You opened your eyes and set the things in your hands on the table, making them visible as soon as they came out of contact. Sitting down, you waited for the two to realise they weren't alone, heating up the pie for Dean. After about a minute they still hadn't noticed any thing, and were still debating your angelicness. You started quietly setting out the breakfast, using your telekinesis to get out bowls and cutlery. Even after you had finished setting out breakfast, they were still talking.
You slammed your head on the table in frustration, sending a small fireball towards the closest Winchester, who happened to be Samuel. He jumped in shock when his sleeve caught fire, quickly realising what had happened. Dean caught on just as quick. "I think you pissed _______ off."
You rolled your eyes, turning visible. "If it makes you feel any better, Sam, half of it was only because you were closer. Here," you told him, sending a bigger fireball at Dean. He tried to jump out of the way, but you made sure it followed him, eventually catching fire to Dean's own sleeve.
"What the hell, _______?!" He shouted, frantically trying to put the fire out. You laughed, but put the fire out for both of them.
"For Dean, his favourite pie. For Sam, an Australian cereal I think you might like. If you want copious amounts of sugar or fruit to go on it I'll go get some for you." You gestured to each of their breakfasts.
"I think I'm in love." Dean muttered as he made his way over to the table. You smirked, winking at the older Winchester. He responded with a flirty smile in return.
From where he was standing, Sam groaned. "No. Dean you are not going to flirt with the angel that's been watching over us since you were born."
You laughed, rolling your eyes. "Hurry up and eat."
They did, and soon enough you were at Chuck's house. Dean knocked, and a very nervous chuck answered. "Hey Sam, Dean. Come on in." You followed them, completely visible. He noticed you almost immediately. "I'm guessing that you're _______? You're just as pretty as I thought you would be." He smiled at you, making you laugh.
"It's kind of a given, being an angel and all. How have you been, Chuck?" You asked, referring to what had happened.
He immediately became serious and nervous again. "Oh. Yes. That. Um..." He muttered to himself, scurrying over to his desk and picking up pages of paper.
"So, you wrote another chapter?" Sam asked. You laughed at him, getting a small bitchface in return.
"This was all so much easier before you were real. Especially with you, _______." Chuck muttered nervously.
"We can take it, just spit it out." Dean replied
"You especially are not gonna like this."
"I didn't like hell."
"It's Lilith. She's coming for Sam." Chucked blurted out, eyes flicking between the Winchesters, watching for their reaction.
"Coming to kill him?" was Dean's reaction.
"When?" was Sam's.
Chuck looked down at the papers again. "Tonight."
"She's just gonna show up? Here?" Dean asked, sounding confused. You shook your head to yourself. He shouldn't have asked.
Chuck sat down, putting his glasses on and glancing through the papers. "Let's see..." He found the passage. "'Lilith patted the bed seductively. Unable to deny his desire, Sam succumbed, and they sank into the throes of fiery demonic passion.'" You grimaced, coughing meaningfully at Chuck. It was awkward hearing that kind of stuff for you, and it was even more awkward coming from your own father.
Sam laughed. "You're kidding me, right?" He asked disbelievingly. You face palmed, wishing they'd stop asking those kind of questions.
"You think this is funny?" Dean asked, sounding annoyed.
"You don't? I mean, come on. 'Fiery demonic passion'?" Sam responded, chuckling.
You grimaced again. "You know what I hate? That phrase." You muttered to yourself, directing it towards Chuck.
"It's just a first draft." He defended himself, shrugging. You rolled your eyes, zapping over to his desk.
"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Lilith is a little girl." Dean stated, confused.
You laughed at his statement. "Not anymore, sweetheart." You called over your shoulder, looking at the printed pages that Chuck had written.
"This time she's a 'comely dental hygienist from Bloomington, Indiana'." Chuck added.
"Great. Perfect. So what happens after the... 'fiery demonic' whatever?"
"I don't know, it hasn't come to me yet."
"Dean, look, there's nothing to worry about. Lilith and me? In bed?" Sam laughed at the idea, but you gave him a weary glance from your position next to Chuck.
"Spoiler alert." You whispered to yourself. Chuck heard you, but barely showed any signs of doing so.
"How does this whole psychic thing of yours work?" Dean asked, glaring at Sam. You rolled your eyes the pair.
"You mean my process?"
"Yes, your 'process'."
"Well, it usually starts with a headache. A really bad headache. Aspirin is useless, so... I drink. Until I fall asleep. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a crazy dream." Chuck explained. You knew that he was telling the truth, and that even if was was God, he still had to go through that. You patted his shoulder awkwardly.
"The first time you dreamt about us?"
"It flowed. It just, it kept flowing. It still does. I-I can't stop it, really." Chuck muttered.
"You can't seriously believe-" Sam started. You glared at him.
"Humor me," Dean cut Sam off, standing up. "Look, why don't we, we just... take a look at these and see what's what." He said, taking the manuscript off of Chuck. He seemed to realise something. "You-"
"...knew you were gonna ask for that. Yeah." Chuck admitted.
"We're going to go. Bye Chuck." Dean said, walking out the door, Sam trailing behind.
"I'll be with you two soon, I need to talk to Chuck!" You called out to them. You turned to him. "You got good at acting, dad."
Your Father laughed, nodding. "Yeah, well, that stuff does happen to me. I need to talk to you, _______. You might want to sit down."
You sat on an old couch that was falling apart. "What is it, father?"
He sighed, smiling sadly at you. "Castiel is going to kill you."
You jumped up. "What?! But dad I thought you said that I was going to be around the Winchesters until at least the Leviathans!" You shouted.
"_______, calm down. It'll only be temporary. I'll bring you back. It's just that now that certain events have happened a new sub-plot has been added to the main one." He told you mysteriously.
You rolled your eyes at your goofball Father. You could see the similarities between he and a lot of human fathers. "Do I need to know this newly found story?"
"Nope, because you're a part of it, and so you're not allowed to know!" He told you, sounding ever so slightly hyper. His tone became serious. "But the end result is one that will make you happy, my dear daughter. Go to the Winchesters and enjoy your time with them. I'm proud of how far you've come, _______." He told you, giving you a bear hug.
"Goodbye, Father." You murmured, pulling away. You again waved farewell before flying to the Winchesters. You found them at a roadblock. You quickly turned invisible.
"What seems to be the problem?" Dean was asking a police officer.
"Bridge is out ahead." The deputy replied.
"We're just trying to get out of town."
"Yeah, afraid not."
"Is there a detour?" Dean asked, sounding hopeful.
"Nope."
"There's not a side road that takes us to the highway?"
"To get to the highway, you have to cross that river. To cross the river, you have to take that bridge."
"How deep's the river?"
"Sorry. Afraid you boys are gonna have to spend the night in town." The deputy closed the conversation, not sounding sorry at all.
As Dean turned the Impala around, he started speaking again. "Hey _______, I know you're in the backseat, care to get us out of here?" He asked you.
You dropped your invisibility, shaking your head. "I'm afraid not, Dean. There are only a few preventable things in that manuscript, and they're very small. For example, at some point today Castiel is going kill me. I can't prevent that."
Dean stopped the car, turning around. "What the hell do you mean?" He asked, some kind of emotion lighting his eyes.
"I meant what I said, Dean. Chuck told me. He said that since certain events have passed, a sub-plot has arisen. And in the sub-plot, I die." You explained to him calmly.
"But why Cas?"
"All I know is the who. I don't know the what, when, or the why. Well actually I do know the when, but I'm not allowed to tell you. My death is a fixed point now."
"Like hell it is." Dean growled, starting the Impala up again.
You rolled your eyes, turning to Sam. "How've you been, Samuel?"
He shifted awkwardly. "I've been good, considering, you know."
"I agree. I really didn't like the way Chuck worded that. Call me immature, but ew. 'Fiery demonic passion'? The thought of either of you with someone like Lillith is something that makes me want to claw my eyes out." You responded, smiling at Sam. He smiled back, seeming a bit nervous. You knew about his relationship with Ruby, and personally didn't care. She had a part to play in everything, and after poking around in her cracked soul you had seen that she had honest feelings for Sam.
"Why do you keep calling me Samuel? Just call me Sam, _______. I don't mind." Sam changed the subject.
"I call you by your full name. Sam is a nickname, and nicknames are signs of friendship and affection. I do not exactly see myself as a friend of either of you, no matter how fond I am of the two of you." It was a lie, of course. You had no idea why you called Sam Samuel. You loved your charges, and found their loyalty admirable. You only wished your own siblings were the same.
"Wow, are all angels douchebags?" Dean asked, sounding upset for some reason
"Yes."
"I'd actually believe that." Dean replied, all trace of emotion gone.
"Listen human. I was kept a secret from all of my siblings but three that don't care about me, hidden on earth and lived alone for six millennia so I could watch your ass and make sure it didn't get into permanent trouble. No offence, but I really would rather being in someone like Zacariah's place, so shut up and go to the stupid diner." You growled before zapping out of the Impala and to the diner, making yourself invisible. You sat down at the table next to where you knew the Winchesters would be. You sighed, putting your head in your hands. You only half-meant the last thing you said. For some reason, what Dean had said made you upset, an emotion you had only felt once or twice.
You wondered why all of a sudden you had to die. "I don't even know where on this Earth Gabriel is. He'd help me understand why I have to die, if I could find him." You muttered to yourself. You sighed, resting your head against the cool tabletop. "This was so much easier when I was invisible." You said aloud. You knew no one would hear you, but it felt good to say it into the multiple gases that made the air around you.
You heard the Winchesters walk into the diner, but didn't lift your head up to look at them. You knew they couldn't see you, and you were halfway through the process of rebuilding your Grace barrier.
You heard seats scraping over the tiled floor, and winced. Sometimes you hated it when your hearing was sensitive. "Hey, this could be a good thing. I mean, if this is what puts us on the path to Lilith, then all we got to do is get off the path." You heard Dean say.
"How do you mean?"
"It's a blueprint of what not to do. I mean, if the pages say that we go left-"
"Then we go right."
You looked up, shaking your head. "Exactly. We get off-book. We never make it to the end. It's opposite day. It says that we, uh, we get into a fight. So, no fighting. No research for you..."
"No bacon cheeseburger for you." Sam replied.
You laughed at their plan. They couldn't really think it would be that easy to go off the path. "Oh, Winchesters, if only you knew. Getting off the path requires Devine intervention."
Dean seemed to be distracted when you looked back at the pair, but turned his attention quickly back to Sam. "Yeah, no problem. I'll just order something else."
It turned out that even though Dean ordered a veggie tofu burger, he got a bacon cheeseburger. You laughed when the burger was taken away from him. "I told you, Devine intervention." You told them in a sing-song voice. Again, Dean looked up in your direction.
"Hey dude are you alright?" Sam asked Dean, noticing the older Winchester's unusual behaviour.
"I think _______ is here. I keep hearing her voice. But it's also really faint." He replied, frowning.
"I don't think she'd be here. She seemed pretty upset about what you said for some reason."
"Don't you think I know that? I don't know if you got it, but for some reason I felt upset when I said that I'd believe all angels are douche bags!"
"So you're saying that you think you might be linked to her somehow?"
"I don't know what to think. Let's just get off this path and get out of here with an unharmed _______."
"What part of her death is making you worried?"
"What do you mean, Sammy?"
"The part where it's Cas doing the killing, or-"
"Don't even think about finishing that sentence." Dean growled.
Sam merely shrugged. "All I'm saying is that you seem to have gotten attached to _______ pretty quickly."
"Shut up Sam."
They left the diner pretty soon after. With your almost-fully-hidden Grace and invisibility up, you followed them to a motel, a different one to the night before. "Dude, this place charges by the hour."
Dean glared at Sam, getting out of the car. "Yeah, well, the book says Lilith finds you at the Red Motel. Hence the hooker inn. It's opposite day, remember?"
When they walked into the room, you were already there, visible. You hadn't bothered to put the usual wards up due to the events that needed to happen.
"You?" Sam asked, sounding surprised.
"Well duh. I have a job to do, remember? It's not for very much longer, but hey, might as well get my brownie points while I can." You replied, your tone flat.
"You seem pretty calm about the fact that Chuck said you would die."
"I know better than to try and change my fate. I told you already, my death is a fixed point."
"So you're not fighting? You're just going to give up?" Dean asked, disbelieving. He was in the middle of putting hex bags around the room
"I know when the battles I fight are worthy ones. My death? Not worth it. The final outcome for today? Well." You didn't elaborate on the second part, only using it to prove your point.
Dean shook his head, grabbing Sam's laptop out of his bag. "Okay, fine. Whatever. The story says you stay with Sam and you're visible, so you're coming with me and staying invisible while I park the Impala."
"Sure thing boss." You smirked at Dean, clicking your fingers dramatically and turning invisible. Dean walked out of the room, assuming you were following him.
As soon as Dean was gone, Sam called Chuck, who came over quickly. "You wanted to see me?" Chuck asked when Sam opened the door.
"Yeah. Thanks for coming." Sam replied, closing the door quickly as soon as Chuck entered the room.
"Sure."
"Um... I was just wondering how much you know. About me."
You turned visible from your spot on what would be Dean's bed. "He means the demon blood, Chuck!" You called out.
Sam flinched violently in surprise, jumping slightly. "Yeah. That."
"Yeah, but I don't write it into the books or anything. I was afraid it'd make you look unsympathetic."
"Unsympathetic?"
"Yeah, come on, Sam. Sucking blood? You got to know that's wrong."
You felt alarm bells go off in your mind. "Sorry to interrupt, but my Grace is telling me that something's happened to Dean, so I'm going to go and check on him while you two chat. Laters." You waved goodbye at them, zapping away to where Dean was, but going invisible. You found him knocked out, with a young girl putting pink flowery band-aids on his face. You laughed at how ridiculous he looked.
Dean quickly woke up, noticing the woman's earrings quickly. He mumbled something. "What was that?" Dean blinked, trying to raise his head. You walked forward and helped him slightly. "I'm so sorry. I just didn't see you. Are you okay?" The lady rambled as you helped Dean sit up. "And sorry about... you know." She muttered, sounding sheepish and gesturing to the young girl. "M-My daughter's going through a doctor phase."
Dean looked confused. "What are you talking about?"
The little girl grinned at Dean. "You're all better now!"
He nodded absentmindedly, looking at the Impala, who's back window had been smashed. "Oh no..." He muttered. He stood up and walked to the car angrily. Glancing in the mirror, he noticed the pink band-aids. Scowling, he peeled one of them off, much to your amusement.
You zapped into the car, turning visible. "Didn't I tell you, sweetie?" You smiled at him. He glared at you, getting in the car himself. As soon as you were out of sight of the woman and her daughter, you snapped your fingers, making a tarp appear on the back window of the Impala.
Dean glared at you again, which you rolled your eyes at. "Don't be like that, Dean. If it makes you feel any better I'm glad I get to be protecting you and Sam."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I mean, sure, you guys can be weird as hell at the best of times, but hey, no-one, not even us angels, are perfect." You smiled at Dean.
The rest of the car ride was in companionable silence. When the two of you got into Chuck's house, you were pulled down by Dean into sitting next to him. You laughed at him, but leaned into his side nonetheless.
It didn't take losing for Chuck to get back home. As soon as you heard his keys in the door, you teleported to another part of the room, not wanting your father to think that you and Dean were together.
"Dean." Chuck greeted, sounding unsurprised. "And _______ is here too? Hey." He smiled genuinely at you.
"Hi Chuck." You laughed.
"I take it you knew we'd be here." Dean muttered.
"You look terrible." Chuck told Dean.
"That's 'cause I just got hit by a minivan, Chuck." Dean replied flatly.
"Oh." Was Chuck's only reply. You stifled a laugh at the pair.
"That it? Every damn thing you write about me comes true; that's all you have to say is 'oh'?!"
Chuck winced. "Please don't yell at me."
"Why do I get feeling there's something that you're not telling us?"
"What wouldn't I be telling you?"
"How you know what you know, for starters!" Dean shouted.
"I don't know how I know, I just do!" Chuck yelled, scared.
"That's not good enough." Dean growled. He was about to shove Chuck against a wall when you restrained him.
"Dean, I really wouldn't do that." You muttered.
He stomped on your foot, breaking your concentration and giving him the chance to break free. "How the hell are you doing this?!" Dean shouted at Chuck, pinning him to the wall.
Your younger brother, Castiel, appeared. "Dean, let him go!" He yelled at Dean. Dean released Chuck, turning to Castiel. "This man is to be protected." He explained to Dean.
"Why?" Dean asked, glaring at Castiel.
"Because he's a prophet of The Lord." You and your younger brother said at the same time, you sounding more exasperated than Castiel.
He turned to you, and if looks could kill you'd be in a bloody pile."Who is she?" Castiel asked, gesturing to you. Your Father gave you a look that said "I'm sorry" and immediately knew that it was time.
"Cas, she's an Seraph called _______. She's been watching over Sammy and I since I was born and she's not a demon, I swear." Dean assured Castiel, who didn't look convinced.
He looked over your fragile form, looking for the Grace that had was completely invisible due to your barrier. "Listen, Castiel, my Grace is sealed behind a barrier. You gotta believe me, little brother."
Castiel's eyes narrowed, but he nodded nonetheless. You tensed up, knowing what was next from the expression on Chuck's face. In less than a second, Castiel was behind you, his angel blade buried so deep that you saw it come out the other side. You legs shook, the pain running through your human form, your true form, monumental.
"Move back!" You told Dean, not wanting to burn your wings into him. Your Grace tumbled out of the barrier, trying to escape the poison that was the angel blade. You turned to Castiel, smiling weakly at him. "Well done, brother." You whispered, falling to the ground.
Your Grace flared out again, manifesting your wings underneath you. You became tired of running away from your death, telling your Grace to stop.
You thought you heard your name.