Reader in Doctor Who: Secret Life

Just a short one that I quickly came up with.

-~•~-

You ran as fast as you could when you heard the shout. "How are these statues moving?" And you were off like a rocket. You didn't want to get connected in timey-wimey stuff ever again, you had enough of that. You were focused on fitting into this time, other times were the least of your worries.

Of course, your luck had run out long ago, and all too soon you were turned a corner and was faced by one of them.

What was it? A Weeping Angel. They sent people back in time and fed off the potential energy, or something similar. You didn't understand fast talking very well. Which, unfortunately, he did. A lot.

You kept your eyes on it, walking around it and running backwards. You turned another street corner, breaking into another sprint. You prayed to every god you knew that of all the times for him to come, he'd come now.

But like we confirmed earlier, luck wasn't on your side very often. As you turned another closer, you saw an angel just outside your apartment. You cursed, keeping your eyes on the grey statue. You knew you were going to have to make a choice sooner or later.

You screwed your eyes shut, hoping for the best. You felt a cold touch on your hand, and then you moved.

A familiar sound passed you. You opened your eyes again. The Weeping Angle had zapped you back to your original time. You laughed like a madwoman.

The Doctor had taken you back to the wrong year, and a weeping angel, of all things, had taken you back, and only a month after you left!

You ran to your house, knocking on the door excitedly. Your mum opened the door, hugging you excitedly. "Finally! You're home, _______!" She said loudly. You decided to keep your accidental stay in the future to yourself. Martha Jones may have trusted the Doctor, but she would have killed him if she found out that he left you in the future, accidental or not.

"Tell me what happened," she told you as the two of you sat down, each holding a mug of your favourite tea.

You never did tell her about your life in the future, but you guessed it was for the better. Sometimes things were just meant to stay a secret.

-~•~-

DOBBY OUT