Chapter 1 - Last Day......

Angel's P.O.V.

My pleasant slumber is disturbed by my phone ringing.

It's Jessica, my bestie, and I want to ignore the call and continue sleeping but I have to pick it up or else she will get mad at me.

I'm not bothered by the fact that she will be mad at me, I'm too used to it. Instead, I'm worried about those long lectures she gives when she is mad at me and sadly, I'm yet to get used to it.

"Good Morning, Jess," I say in a sleepy, husky voice.

"Where the hell are you, Angel? You told me that you'd meet me at 8.00 a.m. at the college ground but you're not here. I hope you were not sleeping till now or else I'm going to kill you today," fumes Jessica.

Oh my God!!

I really forgot I had to meet Jessica and now if I tell her I'm really still sleeping, she will surely get mad at me. But anyway, it's my mistake.

"Jess, actually I'm stuck in a traffic jam. I left home on time. Wait for me. I'll be there soon and be patient!" I say.

"Oh, yeah, really, Angel! You think I'm a fool? You're stuck in a traffic jam and I can't hear a single vehicle honking. Better get your lazy ass off your bed and be here as soon as possible, you liar! When you know you can't lie then you should stop trying to lie or else better learn to lie in a way you won't get caught," says Jessica.

And as usual, Jessica has started her lecture and I don't have time to listen to it. I'm already late and I want to be at college on time as today's the last working day of college. Finally my summer vacations will start....

"I'm sorry, Jess. I will be there soon, wait for me, and love ya! Bye."

"Ok fine, Angel. Better meet me soon." she mumbles.

I get up quickly and take a quick shower. I get dressed, deciding on a white top and jeans. I tie my brown hair up in a high pony, slip my feet into my shoes, and grab an apple so I can munch it on my way to college. I grab my car keys and leave.

I reach the college and park my car in the parking lot. As I get out of my car, I see Alex waving at me.

He has been a very good friend since childhood. He is tall, has black eyes and hair, a good physique, a cute dimple on one of his cheeks and is as sweet as sugar to everyone, especially girls.

I love the way he treats me and somewhere inside, I know that I have always had a little crush on him. I love the way he behaves and his sweetness, and I've always wanted a guy who can treat me like that. I really like him.

Ah! Again, I'm lost in my own thoughts while he is smiling and waving at me, and I realize I'm just looking at him blankly like a dumb girl, so I wave and smile back.

He comes to me and asks, "Would you and Jessica like to hang out with me and my friends at my place today evening?"

Omg! The way he asked with his velvety smooth voice I really couldn't deny it.

So I say, "Yeah, sure."

"Ok then. See you and Jess in the evening. Bye." Alex grins.

"Yeah, Alex, bye. See ya." I smile.

I keep staring at him till he vanishes from my eyesight.

I go running to the ground and I see Jessica standing near a tree and staring angrily at me.

Only if looks could kill, I would have been six feet under by now!

I run towards her and give her a warm, tight hug and smile sheepishly. She melts by my smile as always and smiles back.

"Jess, I just met Alex and he has invited us to hang out at his place tonight, so we are going," I inform her.

"Oh, that's nice. It means my heart Ethan will also be there," chirps Jessica.

"Yeah, Jess." I smile.

Ethan is my boy bestie and Jess's boyfriend. They have been dating for three years straight and I just love them a lot.

The day is boring as usual at college. I have to tolerate all those boring lectures, especially maths, but throughout the day, I was only thinking about how much fun I'll be having with my friends during this almost three-month long holiday.I'll also have ample time to improve my Volleyball skills. I'll finally get to regularly practice and play exciting matches. And, of course, I'll also be able to sleep till it's noon.

Ah! Good times...

Finally, I hear the sharp, irritating sound of our college bell, indicating that all lectures are over and we are finally free to go home. I drop Jess off at her place while on my way to home.

As soon as I reach home, I start hogging on last night's left over food, as my cook didn't come today. After eating, I just lie around lazily in my room, listening to loud Pop songs.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone!

   I know I really suck at writing but I'm trying my best. I assure you that I will keep improving. Constructive criticism is welcomed but please don't act rude!

And if you liked this chapter or anything about this book please don't forget to vote and comment and  share this!