"Okay fine I'll leave you alone... I'll see you when I see you." I said walking towards the front door.

"Oh no you don't, I'm not done with you yet baby." He said running and scooping me up in his arms.

"Yeah I thought you'd listen then. Can I ask you something?" I asked as I remained in his arms. He walked us over to the couch and sat us down. My legs were spread across his lap.

"Sure wassup?"

"Sing to me"

"That wasn't really a question... Maybe we need to take you back to 1st grade to practice the difference between statements and questions." He said laughing hysterically.

"Shut up Chris! You know what I meant." I said slapping his arm gently.

"How you know I can sing?"

"A birdie told me... Now sing to me."

"What you want me to sing?"

"Ummm I don't knowwww.. Figure something out."

"Well aren't you quite demanding. Want me to sing a song I wrote?" He asked while looking at me and running his hand up and down my thigh.

"You write music too?"

"Yeah, me, Aug, and Trey got our own studio. We make a whole bunch of music that we never put out."

"Chris why don't y'all put out some music? That defeats the purpose." I said trying to figure out his meaning.

"Not really... We just love to make music. We are thinking about putting a mixtape together actually."

"Let me hear some stuff Chris! I wanna hear!"

"Alright Alright! Calm down and hold on." He said getting up to walk to his closet. He pulled out a small bin and brought it over to the couch.

"What's this?" I asked as he sat it next to me. He pulled the top off and there were papers and a notepad inside.

"The lyrics and stuff I write. It's all in here and I got some stuff on my phone."

"Well sing me something... I wanna hear yo voice. This is the same thing I've been asking for the past 5 minutes."

"Woman if you don't calm down!" He semi-yelled to me. I laughed hysterically afterwards.

"This is called All I Need..." He said beginning to sing.

"All I need in this crazy world
Is me and my baby girl.. Yeah yeah yeah yeah
& nobody else should make me feel like I can save the world.."

When he sang that verse, my mouth dropped wide open. His voice was so beautiful. He bit his bottom lip and began to sing the next verse.

(Chris' POV)

"At first we met in the lobby, now we're body to body
You fallin in love cause I'm sayin all the shh
You wanna hear"

As I sang, Jay looked like she saw a ghost. I pulled her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her waist. I thought I'd show off a little and hit some high notes. The moment I did that, she went crazy.

"Chris oh my gosh!! That was so freakin amazing!" She yelled and embraced me as I chuckled to myself.

"Well you know, I do try. I have so much more music I want you to hear."

"When did you write that song you just sang?"
She asked looking up at me.

"A couple of days ago. Can you tell who it's about?" I said smiling and looking down.

"That's the sweetest thing that anybody has done for me... That is so sweet Chris."

"Come here and give me a kiss." I said pulling her into my arms and kissing her lips. Every time I kiss this girl, I feel like I'm on a different planet. I heard a moan escape from her mouth as the kiss got more intense.

"Okay okay let's stop before this turns into something." She said breaking it.

"I mean I'm cool with it leading to something else." I said gripping her thigh.

"Christopher stop being nasty!" She said jumping up and slapping my arm.

"Ouch! You hurt Daddy." I said chuckling deeply.

"Whatever .. But, can I ask you something?"

"Sure wassup?"

"Can we promise to tell each other the truth from now on?" She asked walking towards me and sitting back on my lap.

"Even if it hurts?" I asked her. I don't wanna break her heart in anytime of way.

She was hesitant about her answer, but then she finally responded.

"Yes Chris, even if it hurts." She said running her fingers through my curls.

"Alright baby girl I gotchu. Just know that I don't ever want to hurt you. I mean that. Oh and by the way, since we're talking about the truth. I wanna show you something." I said tapping her thighs to move them. I got up off of the couch and grabbed my car keys.

"Where you going?"

"You mean where are we going... Come on baby girl and put your shoes on. I wanna take you somewhere."

She got up and walked to the corner of the room to put her shoes on. She grabbed her phone off of the table and walked towards the door. She opened it up and I followed her out of the door.

We walked towards the elevator and she pressed the down button. When it arrived, I let her walk in first.

"This just takes me back to the most clumsiest day of my life." She said laughing as the elevator door closed.

"It was so funny, sorry for laughing, but I was looking like... Why won't this girl just ask me for help."

"Chris I didn't even know you. I didn't wanna ask a fine stranger for help. Then, I was on the phone." She said giggling and flashing her white teeth.

"Well, you can ask me for help cause you know me now." I said walking towards her and grabbing her hand. She blushed and she tried to hide it.

The door opened up and I kept her hand in mine as I lead her off of the elevator.

(Jay's POV)

Chris held my hand as he lead me off of the elevator. I saw A.J at the front desk. She saw me and spoke. But, when she saw Chris and I holding hands, she gave me "I see you girl" look and holding her thumb up.

I chuckled to myself at the sight and walked with Chris out of the door.

"Wanna ride in the Jeep this time?" He asked walking towards his parking spaces.

"Sure... Doesn't matter to me." I said as he unlocked the doors and opened up the passenger side for me. I thanked him and got in as he closed the door behind me. He walked to the driver's side and got in.

"So, you can't tell me where we're going?" I asked him once more.

"Nope... Baby girl just wait and see."

That was his last response as he started the Jeep up.

----------------
Where do you think they're going? 🤔

How do you feel about Malorie and Chris' past relationship? Was Chris telling the full truth?

Thanks for reading! 💋