Chapter Twelve: Explanations and Beginnings

"Awe. It seems like my power was almost too much for you to handle~" His vampire personality pouted, resting its head in the palms of its hands.

Eren stared blankly at both of his personalities. It all seemed like some sort of fucked up meeting to him. Except, at this point, everyone thought they were the boss.

His puppet personality grabbed him by the collar, growling. The red-skinned vampire jumped up and down, clapping enthusiastically.

"Why did you step in?" It spat.

Eren scowled and shoved it away. "Because. I'm human, and I hate the both of you."

"Don't say things like that~ If it weren't for me you'd still be dead~"

Eren's scowl intensified as the vampire wrapped its arms around his neck. With a few giggles it trailed its tongue down the side of his throat. The puppet looked away, but peered over, still watching with a look of hunger in its eyes. Without knowing, the puppet siezed Eren by his waist and sank its teeth into his flesh.

"Gah! Let go of me!" Eren shouted. "Let go-"

~~

Eren's eyes sprung open, and the feeling of a needle piercing his skin made him flinch. With a frustrated hiss, he glanced over. Dr. Hanji smiled down at him and finished giving him the shot.

"What a way to wake up," Eren groaned as he sat up. "My head is pounding.''

She gave him a small smile and looked over. Eren glanced up and saw Levi standing in the doorway. He held up Eren's pistol and set it on his nightstand. He shot a glare at him, sitting down beside the bed.

"About time you woke up, brat. You've been keeping me waiting for three days." He grumbled. "Now is when you tell me what happened to all of Dr. Hanji's research, and what the hell happened at the theater."

Eren fidgetted with the bedsheets. How was he supposed to explain all of this? He didn't even know what the hell was going on himself.

'How am I supposed to explain? Even if I tried.. I know that I'm going to be executed. There's no use.'

"I really don't see the point. I'm going to be executed anyways." Eren muttered.

Levi gripped his shirt and yanked him up. Hanji protested and yelled at Levi, but it didn't make a difference. Even though Levi had been wounded, he was still as strong. Eren trembled with fear, but he didn't make a sound. Levi taught him better.

"Listen to me, you shit-stain. You will tell me what the hell is going on so I can protect you!" He snapped.

'Protect... Me?'

''Why?" He stammered. "Why would you want to pr-protect me? I'm just a nuisance to you-"

Hanji separated them and sighed, massaging her temples. She rubbed her chin thoughtfully and took a seat.

"I didn't get that far into the research, but.. I know that his genetic make-up is unlike anything I've ever seen. I think the pure blood vamps are behind this." She hypothosized. "Maybe even.. the puppets. He was attacked eight years ago, but I don't know the details. Levi, do you?"

He shook his head and looked over at Eren who by now was shaking vigorously, remembering everything that happened that night. He clenched his teeth, glaring at his lap. He didn't want to die yet. He hasn't killed every blood-sucking bastard on the planet, and he wouldn't allow himself to get killed until he did.

"Hey, Eren. Tell us what happened. From the start." Levi said, staring intently at him.

Eren looked back up at them, his eyes flashing with rage. "You really want to know?"

Hanji nodded and clasped her hand on his shoulder. Levi tsked and mumbled things incoherantly under his breath.

"Fine. I'll tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAAANND shit gets real. Short chapter that leads to complete backstory! Yay!

*spins around in office chair and laughs maniacally* Multiple things unfold as Eren's story truly begins. Covered up memories surfaced! Complicated feelings! AAAANNNNNDDD Heichou!

Comment and VOTE

Hehe

~Virgil