Chapter Eleven: Fight

Five Years Ago

"D-Dr. Hanji? I think the Corporal hates me.." Eren mumbled.

He looked down at his feet as she injected her newest treatment into his arm. He had gotten used to the pain of the needle. His arms were scarred from the past years of being Hanji's lab rat.

"I don't think that at all. If anything, he's really fond of you." She replied with a smile.

Eren looked over at her with disbelief. "Yeah right! The corporal always scolds me, hits me, and-"

Hanji laughed and withdrew the needle. Eren glared at her and crossed his arms. He grumbled under his breath and stood up, grabbing his things.

"Eren, just think of it this way, he notices the small things, right?" She chuckled, wiping the tears gathered in her eyes from laughing. "That means that he's been paying attention to you. He may seem a bit uptight, but he's got his reasons."

"What do you mean? What happened to him?" He asked.

She stood up and started cleaning up her medical tools. Her joking persona faded, and the room filled with gloom. Eren tiltled his head to the side to see the expression on Hanji's face, and he saw a long, sorrowful look in her eyes.

"I don't have the right to talk about that. If you really want to know, talk to Levi about it."

~~~

Levi hoisted Eren up over his shoulder and grunted. More blood oozed out of his wound, and he almost buckled under the weight. The medics must've run into some trouble. For some reason, this place was being overrun with vampires of every class.

"Le...vi," Eren croaked.

His chest hurt, and he tasted blood in his mouth. It was bitter and disgusting. He breathed in, and he sighed in content. Levi smelled of coffee and sweat. His neck was exposed, and Eren could hear the rapid beating of Levi's heart.

'I bet your boyfriend would be especailly tasty~'

"Eren!" A familiar voice cried. "What happened?"

'Mikasa.. Armin..'

"He's fine. This mission has been terminated. For now we need to focus on getting out of here alive." Levi adjusted his hold on Eren and grumbled curses under his breath.

Eren forced one of his eyes open and took in his surroundings. Dozens of venators had swarmed the place, and the vamps had the advantage. Several dead bodies were scattered across the floor like broken toys.

'I swore to end them. I'm going to put a stop to this.'

"We ne..ed to st-stay." Eren panted, weakly squirming to get out of Levi's grasp.

Levi held onto him tightly and continued walking. Mikasa and Armin followed, their weapons drawn and ready for combat.

"Stay still!" Levi hissed, tightening his grip.

'I could take over. It's no fair that the puppet had a turn and not me!~'

'No... I'm human.'

Eren tried one last time to get Levi to let go, but it didn't do any good. The only thing gained was Levi's annoyance.

"Captain Levi!" A medic exclaimed. "Your wound!"