Chapter Seven: Half Truth

"God dammit! How many times do I have to set your ribs?" She shouted. 

He didn't reply and tried to stand. His legs shook and he fell back to the floor. More waves of pain crashed against him, and he screamed. His fists were clenched so tight his nails dug into the skin of his palms. Levi started to walk over to him, but Eren shook his head.

"Gah. G-get out of here, Levi." He wheezed. 

Hanji nodded and shoved Levi out of the room. He protested from the other side of the door. Eren let out another strangled scream. His eyes felt like they were being gouged out. His gums tore open as his canines extracted. Eren squeezed his eyes shut as more snapping sounds filled his ears.  Hanji pat his shoulder and rummaged through her bag. 

"Come on, Eren. Fight it." She encouraged as she pulled out two syringes. 

Blood leaked from his eyes and ears as his body shook. 

'What is going on? Why is my body-?' 

Hanji carefully inserted the needle and extracted a blood sample. After retrieving the sample, she injected a serum she had been testing. 

One of his ribs inched back into place beneath his skin, forcing itself to reconnect with the other piece of bone.

'All of this pain will be over if you just ate already.'

Another bone snapped back into place, and more blood flowed down his cheeks. An apparition appeared in front of him. It was the dull-eyed version of himself from before, the vampire. It giggled and extended its hand. 

 'Let me help you. You look so pathetic like that~'

Eren shook his head and clawed at his eyes. The apparition brushed his cheek with the back of its palm. He swatted it's hand away and tried to control his breathing. 

'Awe, you're such a meanie! You know that you're starving.'

He stood up and turned to face Hanji. He was famished. 

'A little sip wouldn't hurt right? The pain would go away?'

His vampire self nodded enthusiastically. He gulped and turned to face Hanji. She stared up at him with intrigue and fear. He took a step towards her, baring his fangs. Gusts of wind orbited around him at an alarming velocity. Glass shattered, and wood splintered around him.

'I can't take it anymore. Make it all stop. Make it stop!'

Before he could lunge, Hanji tackled him and pinned him face-down on the ground, waiting for the drug to take affect. He writhed and cried. The bursts of wind scraped her face and arms, which only riled him up more.  

'What are you doing? Fight her!'

"Snap out of it, Eren!" She commanded. 

His breathing slowed, and his body cooled down. His body was at bay, but his mind was a completely different story.  His eyes twitched, and the pain dulled.

'I can't... Levi would hate me for it. I have to stay human.'

When Eren finally calmed down, Hanji let go of him and sighed. "I guess I didn't have to set your ribs back in place after all."

He stayed silent and wiped his eyes that were still dripping blood. The room was a wreck. Glass shards from mirrors were scattered on the floor, and there was blood splattered everywhere. Eren could only imagine Levi's reaction if he saw him like this. His fangs were still extended, but they were slowly being drawn back to their original size.

"Why don't you get cleaned up, and I'll go tell the corporal what's going on?" She suggested. 

Eren's mind was in a whirl. He couldn't completely comprehend what happened. His vampire self had disappeared sometime while the drug was taking affect, so that was one less problem he had to deal with at the moment.

"No." Eren croaked. "I can still be human. All that happened just now was bone setting."

  It wasn't a complete lie. This was all he wanted Levi to know right now. 

"What do you want me to do with your test results then?" She inquired. "The results show signs of Vampirism."

He looked her in the eyes and said with dead seriousness, "Trash them." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short chapter that will lead into a massive one. :3 Welcome to hell my friends. 

Hehehehehehehehe 

~Virgil

Crimson Puppet (Ereri/Riren) (On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें