[MBW]- Chapter 19.

Start from the beginning

He sighed and I knew he wouldn't do anything to pressurize me no matter how much he probably wanted to label us.

"You know what? Let's just leave it at this for now. We can address it when we get back, how about that?" He negotiated and I squeezed his hand to show that I appreciated how considerate he was being and that he was giving me the time I needed.

"That works for me," I said.

"But, you can't just be all friendly with the other groomsmen." He said and I smirked at the sort of hard look on his face.

"Aw. Is someone jealous? The green monster doesn't suit you, either." I mimicked his words and he shook his head but I didn't miss the smile.

"We'll see how you feel when I flirt with the bridesmaids, then." He shot back.

I rose my eyebrows.

"You mean Vanessa's younger sisters?"

That wiped the smug smile right off his face as he grimaced.

"Ha ha ha. You're hilarious." He said, sarcastically and kicked my foot under the water.

I was struggling to contain my laughter and had to close my eyes to keep the happy tears from falling. It could have been due to the alcohol or just his company. I wanted to believe it was him.

After I was sure there was no more laughter left, I opened my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I could feel Ethan's gaze on me and in response I non verbally asked him 'what'.

"Nothing. You just look really freakin' beautiful when you smile, babydoll." He said and I felt the stupid butterflies erupt in my belly.

_____

"I need all the flowers in twenty minutes. I didn't pay you to do half the job." I said. I was at my wits end and it wasn't even past eight in the morning.

"I understand but they're taking a little longer to be delivered, Ms Forde." The worker or whoever the hell it was spoke through the phone.

"So, you gave me the wrong estimated time for delivery?" I asked, frustration seeping through my tone. I put a hand on my temple to calm myself down because I refused to get a headache again. We had slept pretty late and I was too sleep-deprived to be sane.

"Sorry. It'll be no longer than forty minutes." I was beyond pissed so I just hung up on them. They were supposed to be here with all the flowers thirty minutes ago.

What was I supposed to do with a half decorated aisle?

I bit my lip and paced around our room banging my phone on my head every once in a while. I had already sent my dad a text telling him I hoped he was feeling better but no reply. My mother didn't reply to one either.

But, my mind was too focused on the flowers and all other arrangements to spend too much time worrying about that.

It'll be okay, I repeated to myself.

There was a knock on the door and I rushed to open it assuming it was Ethan, who was at the beach helping make sure everything was perfect.

However, I was a little disappointed to see that it was Vicky, instead. It was funny how time changed things.

"How are you always the first to be dressed?" I asked her. She was already clad in her bridesmaid dress. It was a floor length peach colored dress with an asymmetrical neckline. Her dark hair was in a nice side braid with a minimal amount of makeup.

After I complimented her on her look, she shuffled around before saying,

"Mom told me to help you out with whatever you need since that's what bridesmaids do and Sara and Tara are too busy being their bratty selves."