[MBW]- Chapter 19.

CHAPTER 19 (EDITED)

"WOULD YOU STOP walking so fast?" I cried out as I tried to catch up to Ethan. Our Uber driver had dropped us a few minutes away from the hotel, for some reason.

Ethan came to a stop and turned around to look at me.

"It's not my fault you're slow. Now use those gorgeous legs of yours and speed up."

I tried my best to hide my glare. He had no idea how much my ankles hurt. These shoes were not made for walking.

"Easy for you to say. You try walking a mile in these heels then we'll talk." I scoffed.

"Want me to give you a piggyback ride?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I'll pass," I said, sourly. Even though I was at the point where I would accept the offer, my outfit was not made for it.

In the end, I swallowed my pride and took off my heels. I'd never walked barefoot anywhere except inside houses or on a beach.

"Can you believe the wedding is tomorrow?" I asked him. The days had gone by far too quickly and I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that my best friend was going to get married.

"Actually, you mean today. It's well past midnight." Ethan corrected.

A groan escaped me.

"This was such a terrible idea."

Ethan ran his hands through his hair and looked at me, frustration written all over his face.

"I swear if I have to convince you one more time that I actually do like you, I will go crazy."

For a second, I contemplated letting him think that that was what I meant but the look on his face meant business and I'd stalled long enough.

"I meant going clubbing tonight so calm your whipped ass down."

"I'm not whipped." He muttered but the lack of confidence in his voice let me tease him about it for the duration of our walk back.

As we walked to our room, I realized I was absolutely exhausted. I leaned my head against the wall as Ethan got out his keycard to open the door. My headache still hadn't left me and it felt like someone was tapping a hammer on my temple repeatedly.

I yawned out loud once we had entered.

"Oh, hell no. You're not falling asleep." Ethan caught my arms that were stretched above my head and pulled me to our balcony.

On the way, he grabbed a bottle of water for me and a few tablets.

Bless him.

I smiled at him appreciatively and downed it all in one go. I felt a little better once I was hydrated again and had a few painkillers in my system.

"My ankle hurts like a bitch." I groaned as I rubbed my ankles, vowing to never wear heels higher than four inches ever again.

Ethan laughed as he took off his shoes and socks and put his legs in the pool water. I followed him, automatically enjoying the warmth of the heated pool.

"Remember that one time you told me you wear heels higher than my dick."

I cringed at the memory and automatically went back in time to that argument.

"Hey, I speak the truth," I said, a smirk on my lips.

He looked so offended but eventually covered it up by nudging my side.