[MBW]- Chapter 4.

CHAPTER 4 (EDITED)

ETHAN WASTED NO time and sped off the road in the blink of an eye.

Who did he think he was?

Frustrated, I thought of all the things I would scream at him whenever I saw him again. But, it didn't seem like it was going to happen anytime soon.

I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm myself.

I can do this.

I looked around to make out something familiar so I could call someone and they could save me.

After taking a few steps, I was greeted with a sign that read 'Shady Lane' in huge block letters. The sign, unsurprisingly, did lead into a lane that looked shady. The first two houses looked as if they had been abandoned with holes in the ceiling and windows cracked open. If it weren't the middle of July, I would have blown it off by assuming it was Halloween decor or something.

I had never been exposed to situations like these. A driver wouldn't have dared to abandon me in the middle of nowhere. 

Ethan, while he wasn't my driver, should have had enough common sense to not leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I pulled out my phone and groaned when I saw that I had no service. I walked around trying to find someplace that would maybe offer wifi or get my phone to pick up some service. 

Suddenly, I realized how serious this was and had the urge to cry. I didn't want to die two feet away from some place called Shady Lane. 

I never cried. It showed too much emotion for my liking. But, being stranded in some random place really did bring out the worst in me. Just when I was about to give up all hope, I noticed a small car at the end of the road. I crossed my fingers hoping someone was in the car.

As I got closer to it, I realized that there were a lot more people there. I accidentally made eye contact with one of the men loitering around and he gave me a disgusting smirk and checked me out as if I were meat.

A shiver ran down my spine and I began to jump to the worst conclusions. It also didn't help that I had my pink Miu Miu shoes on and my Chanel purse.

I sped up and stopped only when I got to the car. I peeked in and saw that the man was sleeping in the back seat. I bit my lip wondering what I should do next. I flattened my palm against the car window and tapped. He didn't budge but I gathered a lot of dust on my hands, causing me to grimace. I knocked a little harder but that made no difference either.

"Hello!" I screamed whilst simultaneously banging on the window as if my life depended on it, which it kind of did.

He jolted awake and looked around trying to find the culprit who ruined his sleep. His eyes finally landed on me and he furrowed his eyebrows before opening the window.

"Everything alright?" He asked in an accent I couldn't decipher. It was definitely European, though.

He didn't seem like he would harm me or try to make a move on me. The guy just looked like he was tired and wanted to rest. He reminded me of my grandfather who died when I was really young but he sported the same bald spot and had the same dark eyes he did.

"Hey, sorry to wake you up but someone left me here and I don't know how to get back to my hotel. I was just..."

"Say no more. Get in, I'll drop you." He said with a smile but I'm sure it was no match for the massive grin on my face.

He unlocked the doors and I jumped in the back thanking my lucky stars for the small amount of luck I had. A little part of me was still afraid that I was getting inside the car of a stranger, without getting any information or reviews beforehand.