[MBW]- Chapter 12.

CHAPTER 12 (EDITED)

"I DON'T GET the point of rehearsal dinners. Why are we practicing a meal?" Ethan spoke from next to me.

I suppressed a sigh. Some of the things he said really made me wonder about his brain cells.

"It's more of a formal dinner for us. We just didn't know what else to name it," I shrugged.

Vanessa's parents had wanted to have one proper night of dinner where all the guests were required to attend in their best attire. Black tie was a requirement. Hence, the tux fittings and designer dresses.

We had successfully gotten mine and Taylor's fitting done but I wasn't a big fan of my dress. The final design was not what I had in mind, which the lady working the desk realized and recommended me a local store that was known for having exquisite dresses made to size.

The three of us were currently at the store to try on a couple of dresses and see if they're better than what I had. If not, I'd just have to go with it but I really hoped I found something so I could just return the dress. They did have a 24hr return policy.

Taylor was on a phone call giving me a couple of minutes to calm down without his existence. He had been extra talkative today as if he were on a sugar high. He had also asked me multiple times why I hadn't returned his calls or texts. Maybe, subconsciously, he knew what he told me.

"Hey guys, what did I miss?" he said as he came up beside us while Ethan and I were joking about a bizarre dress.

"Your chance," Ethan mumbled under his breath loud enough for only me to hear.

I narrowed my eyes at him and resisted the urge to stomp on his foot. He mouthed a sorry to me but I knew he was far from apologetic.

"Nothing. We're still looking for a dress," I replied, trying to sound as normal as possible.

I was still being a drama queen about it. After seeing him as a brother for so long, I didn't know how to come to terms with the fact that he had feelings for me. The worst thing was that I knew I would never be able to reciprocate those feelings.

In attempts of freeing my mind of those thoughts, I looked around the store to see if anything was good. It was a frustrating process. Usually, I would walk into a store and they'd have dresses in my size and taste ready to try on. It would be a quick process.

But, it was far from easy to do it by yourself especially since I was with two men who refused to leave my side.

The store had some pretty options but the hardest thing was finding something that would look good on me and was the correct size since the dinner was tomorrow. I did not have time for them to work on it.

Finally, I picked up a navy blue lace dress from the racks. I added it to the other dresses I had liked, which took me forever to select. The saleswoman had told me she could help me but I doubted she would know my likings in just a few minutes. While I tried to not be a spoilt rich brat about most things, I was specific about things I wore and liked.

"Okay, I'm done. I don't think I can stand looking at more dresses. I'm going to the fitting room." I told both of the bees hovering over me. It was almost like I had two bodyguards since they were shadowing my every move.

I followed all the signs and entered the fitting room area only to be scared to death by someone popping up in front of me.

"What the hell, Ethan? How do you always do that?" I asked, clutching the dresses to me to calm my erratic heart.

"Payback for the other night. I just came to give you this dress. I think you'll like it. It's dark just like your soul," He smirked and I spent way too long focusing on how his mouth curves upwards to realize the insult.