part twenty-one

The third and final trial was here in a flash. Harry had spent most of his time trying to prepare for it, but he had no idea what to do. Hermione loaned him her notes and he crammed up until today. Not knowing what to expect, Harry was more nervous than usual.

"Harry, you have to eat." Atticus said, sliding a plate of breakfast towards him.

"Can't do that, I'll just puke it up."

"Okay, you're just over exaggerating now." Atticus huffed at him. Harry rolled his eyes and began to pick at his food. Slowly, but surely the food began to disappear, along with most of his nerves. Atticus smiled to herself as she watched Harry and Ron bicker for the last pancake.

"You really love him, don't you?" Hermione asked her softly so Harry wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, I really do. I know most people would say we are too young to know what love really is, I mean c'mon we are only fourteen, but it doesn't really matter. Not to me at least. I love him and I know he loves me." She told Hermione with a goofy grin on her face.

"You're good for him, Atticus. You really are."

Harry was shaken to the core. He had watched his friend die in front of him. He saw the life leave Cedric's eyes leaving only the cold fear plain on his face. Harry knew that deep down, he wouldn't forget that look. He would never forget Cedric Diggory, nor did he want to.

When Harry had appeared back to the field, he could hear the cheers of joy around him. Harry clung to Cedric's shirt sobbing at the loss of the beloved Hufflepuff. He could hear the cheers dying down. Finally, some one figured out what was happening. A scream erupted from the stands and chaos ensued.

It was almost like everything around him was in slow motion. He couldn't process anything that was happening. He couldn't process Amos Diggory, Cedric's fathers, cries for his son. He couldn't process Albus Dumbledore frantically trying to figure out what had happened. He couldn't process Mad-Eye dragging him away from the crowd. He couldn't process that Mad-Eye wasn't really Mad-Eye. 

He didn't want to understand what washappening. He didn't want any of this. 

A/N:

okay so i know that this is v short, but its all i had time to do. I also really hate writing this scene bc cedric is my baby and i cry everytime someone bring him up.

one chapter left then the epilouge!

thanks for being so kind about the lack of updates yesterday, but i will be sure to update again on Wednesday.

until next time

xx