part seventeen

Christmas was approaching and Atticus was absolutely ecstatic for it. The gifts, the laughter, spending time with her new-founded friends. It was an absolute dream come true for her.

Atticus was seated next to Hermione, chatting softly as Professor Mcgonagall walked swiftly to the center of the Hall. She wore a tight-lipped scowl as she glanced amongst the students. Finally, clearing her throat she gained her the present Gryffindors attention.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school l expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And l mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost" She paused eyeing the students around her. "-a dance." Chatter erupted amongst Atticus' peers as she glanced excitedly at Hermione. Hermione flashed an excited smile back and began to ramble about the need to go dress shopping immediately. Atticus nodded happily with her new friend's words.

"Silence!" Professor McGonagall snapped strictly. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 1 0 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." Atticus giggled lightly when she heard the Weasley twins trying to repeat the tongue twister.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." The Professor continued, ignoring the twins interruption.

"Mr.Weasley." She called out to Ron who seemed to flush at the eyes on him.

"Yes?"

"Will you join me please?" Ron nodded and stumbled to Professor McGonagall. She put her hands in a formal dancing position and turned to him.

"Place your hand on my waist." Ron nearly choked as his brothers teasingly cooed at him.

"Where?" He asked, his voice octaves higher than before.

"My waist." She repeated irked.

Atticus was lost in a fit of laughter alongside the Gryffindors around her as Ron and McGonagall began to stiffly dance across the floor, the grace of the said swan not really present.

Atticus exited the hall alone, leaving behind Hermione who wanting to go to the library. She sighed happily as she walked through the courtyard, weaving through the chatting students.

She could hear Ron some ways behind her ranting to, who she assumed was Harry, about how hard it would be for him to find a decent date and how Harry was lucky to have Atticus.

"Yeah, Yeah I am lucky. Hold that thought, Ron." She heard him say to his best friend.

"Atticus!" Harry called out to her. She stopped and turned around to face him with a shy smile on her face.

"Yeah?"

Harry grabbed her hand and pulled her into him, his lips meeting hers. The books in her hands fell to the ground as she silently gasped. She let her eyes flutter shut as she kissed him back with as much passion as he. Harry smiled in the kiss and pulled away giving her a breathless smile.

"Go to the ball with me?"

Atticus laughed an airy laugh as she said, "I would love to -" Harry started to cheer, but Atticus quickly cut him off. "-If and only if you pick up my books, you absolute nutter."

Harry laughed loudly and quickly grabbed her books from the floor. He then grabbed her bag and slung it over his shoulder. Reaching out his hand, he wiggled his fingers for her to join him.

"To the common room?"

"Lead the way, lover boy."