part nineteen

A/N:

lmao yall read the authors note at the end of the chapter pleassssseeeeeeee

xx

Atticus was a frazzled ball of nerves. She had spent most of the day, after opening gifts, getting ready for the Yule Ball. Her hair was curled to perfection, her lips as red as the dress she wore. All was well with the appearance, but her emotions, not so much.

"What if he changes his mind, Hermione?" Atticus whispered softly, eyeing herself in the mirror.

"Changes his mind about what?"

"About how he feels, or what he wants."

"Atticus!" Hermione quickly spun around to face the nervous girl who blinked her eyes in surprise. "Do you know how much he loves you? Or cares for you? I haven't seen him this happy in so long. You make him happy. He won't care how you look, he will love you for you, Atticus. He wants you." With that being said, Hermione quickly added the finishing touches onto herself and grabbed her small bag.

She turned to face Atticus with a blinding smile.

"You look wonderful, Atticus."

"Ditto, Hermione." Hermione walked forwards and hooked her arms with Atticus.

"Are you ready?" Atticus took a deep, shaky breath, but nodded nonetheless.

"As I will ever be."

Hermione had walked down the stairs first, quickly exiting the common room to find Viktor. Atticus took a deep breath and started down the stairs. Her steps were slow and timid, but as soon as she reached the bottom of the stairs, all eyes are on her. But, the only ones that mattered were his.

Harry stood in the middle of the sea of whispers staring at the personification of a star. Atticus had put everyone in the room in awe. Harry walked forward, pushing through the chatting students to get to the one person who mattered the most to him. Finally, reaching her, he took her hand gently and kissed the top of it.

"You, you look absolutely stunning."

Atticus laughed shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Shall we?" Harry asked gently, holding out his arm for her to take.

"We shall." She giggled, taking his arm and walking away from prying eyes.

The Great Hall was breathtakingly beautiful. There were girls in beautiful dresses and guys in sharp dress-robes. Atticus's eyes took in all of the chaos around her in awe.

"This is absolutely bloody beautiful."

"Yeah, you are." Harry replied slyly with a charming smirk. Atticus laughed loudly and slapped his arm.

"Shut up you dor-"

"Potter! There you are! Are you ready?"

Harry raised an eyebrow at Professor McGonagall. The Professor sighs irritably.

"The champions are the ones who have to start off the dance, now come along. Quickly now." Professor McGonagall pushed the unwilling couple along to the line of champions with their dates. Atticus took a shaky breath.

"D-Did you know about this?" She whispered nervously to Harry. He shook his head.

"No, not at all." He watched as Professor McGonagall nodded to Filch who proceeded to play a soft waltz. Champion by champion, they began to glide onto the dance floor. Harry was dancing stiffly, glancing at the others, trying to follow their steps. Atticus laughed softly and pulled his chin so their eyes could met.

"Let me lead, I got it." She said softly, her confidence growing. Atticus took the lead and together they swiftly danced, eyes interlocked and soft sweet nothings exchanged between the two. The song ended and the champions, along with their dates, were lost amongst the sea of eager people. Harry and Atticus still stood together hands interlocked and their foreheads together.

"I love you, Atticus Wilde. So much." He whispered to her.

Atticus's heart warmed at his words. "And, I, I love you so much, Harry Potter. Forever and Always."

Harry swiftly brought her into a kiss. A kiss that put them both on top of the world. The night continued on in a blur, the couple together laughing and sharing sweet whispers. All problems washed away, all worries disappearing from their young naïve minds.

It was just Harry and just Atticus.

A/N:

lmao what even is this ending???? also let me know if yall want a sequelm bc i have no idea if i should continue this as a series or just leave it as a stand alone.

also here is a shameless self-promo , i have a new Criminal Minds/Spencer Reid fic. so idk if anyone would be intrested in it, but please do not hesitate to check it out!!!

until next time

xx