Chapter 19

:::Dream:::

The crowd goes wild as Mason whip connects with the flesh on my back. My screams were amusing to them. The cruel peopled cheered Mason to go further on hurting me. His men started to beat on me like I was some rag doll.

My cries didn't stop the cruel men even my mate. I looked at my sisters who were balling there eyes out just for me. My parents looked at me with suck disgust. My friends they looked at me with such sympathy. I scream as loud as feel unconscious.

I wake up from the dream screaming. I whimper and look around to find Mason wide eyed. "Are you ok baby girl?"  I cry even more at the nickname. It's hard to not be weak when I'm around my cold hearted mate.

"Why did the moon goddess put me with such a cold mate?"

He pulls me close to his chest and I silently cry. "W-what time is it it?" "Two in the morning", he says. I get out of bed and limp towards the bathroom. I look in the mirror at my beat up face. I cringe and splash my face with water.

I walk back and pull the covers up to my face. "Your so beautiful." I ignore him him think of other things. "W-why were you so mad that I left? It's not like you cared for me anyways. I'm just a burden and I should just leave."

"Your not a burden to me love." "I was when you were with Emily. Speaking of Emily were is she and your kids?"

He growls and his eyes turn dark. "She left with them because I beat you. She said you did nothing and you were innocent."

"Oh", is all I can say. "I'm a monster Lillian." He looks down at his hands. He pulls me close and starts to cry. His tears drop onto my face. "I treated you bad from the beginning from when I met you." "I'm so sorry Lillian. Please forgive me."

"I- I can't right now Mason." He still is crying and he slams his hand on the night stand by him making everything fall. I jump and flinch and go further under the covers. "Sorry."

"Lillian you don't have to be sorry you didn't do anything." He holds me close to his bare chest and I feel my self falling asleep on his chest.

***
I wake up to Mason holding me to his bare chest. He had dried up tears on his cheeks and his brown hair his messy. I try pulling away but he frowns and pulls me closer. "Stop moving babe", he mumbles.

I place my head on his chest and relax knowing I won't be going anywhere any time soon. I close my eyes falling asleep again.

***

I wake up with no Mason by me. I head down stairs were a delicious smell hits my nose. I turn the corner to see Mason with flour all over him. Pancakes, turkey bacon, and eggs are on a plate.

"You did all this?" He nods his head while smiling. I limp over to the table and he pulls my chair out. Helping me climb into the chair he hands me the plate of the good smelling food.

My first bite of pancake and I fall in love with it. "Thank you", I whisper while stuffing my mouth with another golden brown pancake

He sits next to me and tastes his own cooking. "Not bad?" He shrugs while chewing. I nod my head in agreement and look down at my plate because of the awkwardness.

"I have a question to ask you Lillian. It's about our relationship."

"Are we going to have pups of our own one day?" "What?" I almost choke on my food at the question he asks. "I don't know Mason. After being beat to death the only thing on my mind is to heal and to figure out if I'm going to forgive you or not."

"I understand." We eat our food silently for the rest of the time.