19

Jane pov...

Years have passed and I'm happy I only have another two years to go here.
Maura and I see each other still every week and talk twice a day.
She told everyone that we got engaged, they were happy for us but still wanted to know what happened with me but I told them in a letter that I will tell them in person soon.
Maura tells me about the team and cases that she works on. She says the team now is good but not as good as when I was there. She says that they still feel the loss of two people, they know that I won't go back to the job and Frost is still in everyone's minds. Korsak is making a great boss to the team of Nina and Frankie who became detective a few months after Maura and I got engaged. Maura is now a big part of the team with them which makes me happy as she has people around her when I can't be.

A guard comes over to me and says "you have a visitor"
I think that's weird as I spoke to Maura this morning as she was working on a case so it's not her. I am taken to a private visitor room and I sit down at the table and another person walks in and sits next to me and says "I am Federal Agent Ashley Davis, I want to talk to you about how you managed to hack into Pentagon technology"
I say "you had a few faults in the system, once I got around them I could get in"
She says "can you show me?"
I nod and she pulls out a laptop and opens it for me. I start hacking but go slowly and point out weaknesses in the system they I used to get in, and I manage to get right into the system again.
Ashley looks surprised and says "I can't believe it was that easy for you.
I say "it took some effort to figure out but once I learned the small steps you put it together and it's easy to do"