8

Jane pov...

I finally broke yesterday, I couldn't take not talking to Maura any longer and I called her. Now she is coming to see me today.
A guard comes to my cell and she says "you have a visitor Jane"
I nod and follow her, she says "I'm glad that you finally have someone come see you"
I say "yeah, they only found out I was here yesterday and no one else knows"
She says "good luck then"
I walk in the visitors room and see Maura so I walk over to her and am allowed one hug at the beginning and end of the visit so I hug her before sitting down opposite her. I say "it's so good to see you"
She nods and says "you too Jane"
It's silent for a few moments before she says "how long are you in here for?"
I say "I have another eight years, my sentence was a total of ten years imprisonment"
She says "so it's going to be a while"
I nod and she says "are you looking forward to getting out"
I shrug and say "I don't know, I miss out on so much being here and I don't have much to go back to"
She says "you have your family and the guys from work, even your desk is still set up for you"
I laugh and say "you should pack the desk up?"
She asks "why?"
I say "it's one of the conditions of my release, I'm not allowed to work in law enforcement again"
She frowns and ask "what other conditions do you have?"
I say "parole period of ten years and my technology will be monitored"
She asks "why will your technology be monitored?"
I say "part of the reason I am here"
She asks "will you tell me why you are here or is it still a stupid thing"
I laugh and say "I stole money from the government and hacked into the pentagon"
She is shocked and says "why would you do that?"
I say "I was stupid and trying to change things without thinking it through. I knew that once I had done it I would be arrested so I left my life behind to pay for my stupidity"
She says "you knew it's a stupid thing and now serving your time, why do you have to punish yourself more by losing all contact with everyone"
I say "I didn't want everyone to think of me as a disappointment or know that I am a criminal like people I used to put away"
She asks "do you know how hard it was for every one else?"
I shake my head and she says "everyone is still wanting information on you, Angela is watching the news and has started to expect a call saying you are dead"
I say "sorry"
She says "how did you manage to not have contact for so long?"
I say "the first two months were the hardest but I was in isolation so I couldn't and once I was moved to my cell now I spent my day reading to keep my mind busy"
She nods and I ask "how long are you staying in Washington D.C.?"
She says "a week at the moment"
I say "if I was to write letters to the others and give them to you on the last day would you do that for me but you can't tell them about me yet"
She nods and says "of course Jane"
A guard comes over and says "visiting time is up"
I nod and Maura and I stand up and hug and she says "I will come back tomorrow"
I smile and go back to the dining hall for lunch.