18

Jane pov...

It has been six months since Frost's funeral, things are slowly getting better. Maura and I talk once or twice a day and see comes to see me every weekend.
I am writing letters to Ma, Frankie and Korsak and they will write back. We support each other even though I am still keeping being in prison from them.

I can't wait for today's visit from Maura as I have a surprise for her. A guard comes over to me to take me to the visiting room and she asks "you ready"
I nod and she says "good luck"

I see Maura and hug her before sitting down. I smile and her and say "hey"
She smiles and says "hey, how are you?"
I say "I'm alright, how are you?"
She says "I'm good"
I say "I have a surprise for you"
She says "what?"
I say "Maura I don't know what I would do without you, you get me through everything and mean the world to me. I want things to change between us, will you marry me"
And I pull a box out of my pocket and show her a ring.
She nods and say "of course I will Jane"
I put the ring on her and say "man I love you so much"
She says "love you too"
We kiss and the other people in the room clap. Maura asks "did the guards know that you we going to propose"
I nod and say "I had to talk to the guy in charge Andy to be able to get the ring and he let the guards know so everyone has knowledge on what's going on"
She says "I had dreamed about us getting engaged but I didn't think it would be this soon"
I laugh and say "I had dreamed about it too and I know that I don't want to lose you"
She says "no matter what you won't lose me"