7

Maura pov...

Today marks two years since Jane left and things in my life haven't really changed in the last year. Korsak is dating someone and Frankie is still with Nina. Frost has even just started to go out with someone, it has only been a few days so he won't tell us anything.

I am still waiting for Jane to come back or for anything on where she went or what happened to her.

I sit at work reading some new medical journals as I have no case to work on and all the paperwork is finished.
I get a call on my cell phone and notice that the call isn't from the area, I answer it and a recorded message says "an inmate from Federal Correctional Institution in Washington D.C. is trying to call you, press one to accept or hang up"
I don't know of anyone there so I answer because my curiosity gets the better of me, I press one and say "hello"
The person says "hey Maur"
I am shocked and say "is that you Jane"
She says "yeah, I'm sorry for calling but I couldn't take it anymore"
I ask "what do you mean?"
She says "sorry I thought I could do this without you and you wouldn't have to suffer"
I say "Jane I have missed you every day since you left, what happened?"
She says "you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone"
I say "ok Jane I promise"
She says "good, the day I broke up with you I had done some stupid things and knew I was about to get caught, I wanted to make it easier on everyone so I packed up my stuff and it's all in storage, I had to say goodbye to you and quit with Cavanaugh. After that I was arrested an hour later and now serving my time in federal prison"
I say "federal prison, that sounds bad"
She says "it's not bad just lonely"
I ask "can I come visit you?"
She says "sure but you can't tell anyone that you have been in contact with me, I don't want them to know yet"
I say "ok, I will take some time of and hopefully be able to see you tomorrow"
She says "cool, looking forward to it. Bye Maur"
I say "bye Jane"
And hang up the phone.

I call my boss and tell them that I am taking a week of from work starting now. I go home and pack a bag and ask Angela to watch my house and Bass for a few days as I need to get away, she says yes and doesn't question any further.
I drive to the airport and get on a plane to Washington D.C. When I get there I book in at a hotel for the week and go to sleep as its late. I wake up in the morning and get ready before heading to Federal Correctional Institution in Washington D.C. to see Jane for the first time in years.