Chapter 23 - paraprosexia

Start from the beginning

She led us through a crowd of people, greeting them along the way, some familiar faces some I have never seen before. Aunt Mia is Coraline's mom. They reside in Brooklyn, however, they used to pay us frequent visits back in California for the summers. Coraline and Travis were close despite her being 3 years older than him. My throat tightened at the thought of Travis.

We were to sit at the second row of the benches in front of the altar. I sat at the end of the bench, to my right was the aisle. My breath was cut short when I saw a tall, lean boy in a suit. He was sitting on the bench directly on the other side of the aisle. His black hair was swept over his right eye, it was slightly dipped in light brown dye. His eyebrow piercing distinctly reminded me of someone. His lean figure even more.  

Tattoos were peeking out of his right sleeve just below his wrist. I wonder what he looked like without the suit. 

NOT LIKE THAT. Well, I'm not saying I would mind. 

I glanced away instantly when he looked up and caught me staring. He smirked. Now even the smirk is reminding me of that someone even more. His eyes travelled up and down my dress.

Aunt Mia's frantic shuffling at the start of the aisle got everyones' attention. She looked around in panic before her eyes widened in realisation as they set on me.

"Taylor!" she ran towards me.

For a moment there, I thought they were short of bridesmaids.

"The flower girl couldn't make it, mind going back in time a little?"

That wasn't that far from what I thought. She probably noticed my short height perfect to pull off the role.

Behind her, I caught the brown dyed boy smirking at me before he winked. I wasn't blushing to my surprise. They say, your face would heat up and your stomach would toss and turn. A simple butterfly effect. Nope. Nothing. I raised my brows at him before smirking and followed Aunt Mia.

She pulled me into a small room where several ladies were dressed in pastel mint green bridesmaid dresses. In the middle facing the mirror was a tall figure in a white mermaid gown similar to the one Pippa wore during Kate Middleton's wedding. Her long blonde waves cascaded down just above her waist. The sides were pinned up to a fishtail braid with small pink roses embedded in it. She turned around before gasping.

"Taylor! Look how much you've grown." she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Congratulations Coraline!" I yelled before throwing my arms around her.

"It's a little too late for a dress change so-" she grabbed a pink roses flower crown hanging at the corner of the mirror before placing it on my head.

If I knew..

She shoved a basket of pink daisies into my hands.

"Thanks again for doing this dear." she said before placing the chiffon veil over her head.

"No problem Coraline." I smiled.

I truly was content for her. She was going to start a whole new life with someone she loved. How on earth was that supposed to feel?

The flower girl was supposed to walk on the aisle first. Canon in D Major echoed through the garden as I walked out to face everyone standing. I plastered a smile on my face before reaching for the flower petals in the basket and scattered them on the pastel white carpet.

As I got nearer to the altar, the boy smirked at the flower crown atop my head. I rolled my eyes playfully before ascending further down the aisle.