Chapter 9: Realization

I observed the giant screen in front of me, scrolling all over the map that was google world.

I had found out where I live, and I wanted to go there. But I had yet to ask Kyle, I was afraid he would say no.

But for the time being, he was outside. Cleaning out the pool, we were gonna have a swim! Even though I don't own a pool I miss swimming.

//*a short time streaming cat videos later*\\

"You wanna do what now?" Kyle asked, kneeling down to my level.

"I was wondering if I could go back home?" I repeated, stepping back a little, "J-just for-a while..." I added shyly.

He huffed, "A-ash, I don't know if that's the-" He paused, looking at me. He but his lower lip in frustration.

He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it abruptly. A few moments later, he spoke, "I-I'll think about it..." He trailed, then he offered his hand to me.

'At least it's not a No...' I thought climbing on, to rest on his shoulder.

"Is that like, your new favorite perch now?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Sure, it has a great view." I said, grabbing onto his shirt as he began to move.

"Don't you mean a... Gigantic View?" He joked, smiling.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh sure."

"Yeah?" He asked, reaching to gently poke me in the abdomen.

I silently giggled. The three-year-old part of me finding this humorous.

He headed out towards the sliding glass door to the pool, closing the door behind him. He set me down near the pool as he took off his shirt. A wave of heat rushed over me as the temperature of the outside reached my tiny body.

I glanced at his abs, they were toned well. But he wasn't any body builder, more like a regular guy.

He tossed his shirt over to the chair, then he stepped over to the pool. Testing the water with his hand.

"I could make the water a little warmer, " He said, getting up to tinker with the panel, "I have a heated pool." He explained.

I waited a few moments before noticing an ant, crawling towards me. At first I was cool with it, but then I noticed how big it was, just as big as a rat.

I stepped to the side, once the ant was too close. But then it crawled up onto my leg, I screamed. Feeling the grips on its feet lightly stab into my skin. I smacked it off and ran the other way.

Running into something, I got knocked back. Falling on my butt, I looked back at the ant. It was crawling this way, making a chittering sound as it did. I squeaked in surprise as I was scooped up, and brought to Kyle's face. His sparkling eyes searching me worriedly.

"Are you ok?" He asked. Glancing down at the ant, he narrowed his eyes when he spotted it.

"Yeah I'm ok." I quickly said.

"Are you crazy? I could have accidentally stepped on you!" He exclaimed softly, looking back at me.

"I'm sorry, I got freaked out by that ant." I apologized, hanging my head.

He sighed,"It's fine, I should be more careful anyway." He said, making a friendly expression.

"Yeah, I'm only...one inch maybe.." I muttered to myself.

"No," He said, stepping over to the pool and dipping his feet into the water as he sat down,"More like one and a half." He corrected.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, you're a little shorter than my thumb."

"Huh," I hummed. "That's good to know."

//I have a deadline of chapters to write so...*a time of pool stuff later*...\\

Another day has passed, I think Kyle's considering it... I hope I can go... Somewhere familiar...

I hope I can go Home.

Kyle:

I took a deep breath, staring at the ceiling. I thought about what Ashley wanted, how she misses home. I was planning to go to college soon, but now I know I can't with the tiny person living with me... I felt like a parent. Worrying about someone who can't defend themselves as well as me, I have a big responsibility over a tiny person.

She only has this life to live... A short one.

And you know what?

I'm gonna make it a great one.

And take her where she wants to go.

Alright! So I have more chapters coming along just nicely! So it would be a steady stream of chapters this week!
I love how this story is getting so popular! More than 200 reads! Thanks again everyone!!
Let's-a go!