Chapter 7

I immediately went outside and looked both ways down the sidewalk.  Nobody was walking.  I got into my car and started to drive back to work panicking.  Just before I turned right I saw a black SUV not realize it was a red light, and before I could hit the breaks, my vision turned blurry, and then black.

————

MAX POV

I know I was kinda mean, I think I sent her into panic. Actually the only thing I did was take a walk, unfortunately at the wrong time, and unfortunately without my phone. So I'm screwed. I hadn't gone to work because I was feeling kinda sick, so in the morning I went out for fresh air. I came back and then at lunch I went again.

When I came back home I saw our room and went to the neighbors to check if they saw anybody go in. All I heard was "Somebody with hair like yours. They came, got in their car, and drove away." Nothing else. I wanted to call the cops but...my phone was gone. I could only assume that (y/n) took it. I tried to use our landline to call her, but she didn't answer. Three times in a row.

I couldn't do anything. I told the police about the break in, but they had to leave 5 minutes later because of a car accident somewhere. So I sat at the TV and flicked through the channels.

"BREAKING NEWS" I saw on the subtitle I was about to skip. But I went back and watched it.

"Breaking news. In (address town words street yep) a car accident including at least 4 different cars has just occurred." The news reporter said. That's my town. And the way to go to the Offices...

"This car accident resulted in an unfortunate fatality, two people found dead, 3 injured.

"The cause of this was one car neglecting a red light, driving straight into another car." The screen kept talking, showing a birds-eye view shot of the accident.

"Witnesses state that the person was speeding, the first person getting hit unable to do anything about it." So guy they called 'witness' came up.

"I was standing right at the corner when it happened. The lady, who I've seen before...she was asking for her husband this morning, turned and saw the car and I had to jump out of the way to save myself." The reporter came back.

"The lady this witness is speaking about is now in critical condition, paramedics are rushing her to the hospital.

"This lady has touched many hearts, being a Youtuber with millions of subscribers and multiple videos showing her appreciation to her fans and her husband. Her channel name is (YT/N).

"Her real name is (f/n) (l/n)."