Chapter 3

I went back home after work and immediately fell on my couch. Max raised his eyebrows at me. "I did too much editing today..." I groaned, slamming a pillow down on my face. It was soft and squishy.

"You still edit?" Max asked, sitting down on the edge of the couch with me.

"Of course. It's still my job." I relied, muffled by the pillow.

"I thought you just transferred to recording." Max shrugged. I took the pillow off my face and looked up at Max. He wore a smile on his face but I could read the worry in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He sighed, the smile falling off his face. I could tell he hoped I didn't see his emotions.

"It's just...don't know what Dylan thinks..." His head was facing the blank TV, away from me.

"He isn't like Ross. I can promise you that." I took his left hand in my right, gently rubbing behind his thumb reassuringly. "It's alright Max, I'm not gonna get hurt."

"I really hope not...."

————

"Max." I said, leaning over him. He still laid in bed. His body didn't move, disregarding his breathing. "Maaxxx..." I repeated, gently shoving him. He let out a low grumble, but his eyes remained shut. "Max!" I almost shouted. This shot his eyes open.

"What! What whose dying!" He rolled onto his back. "What time is it?"

"It's 6:00."

"A.M? Why are you waking me up at 6:00 a.m?" He complained.

"I've been up since 3:00. There's a car outside with someone in it and they've been there for the past 3 hours."

"Why have you been up since 3?"

"Don't ask. Come on Max I'm concerned." Max crawled out of bed and stood. He walked over to the window and peeked through the curtains.

"The black Sudan?" He asked me.

"Yeah...I can't read the license from here." I sat on the bed.

"I don't really recognize it...it could be Adam's but he would have the top down..."

"I know. I don't know whose it is." I crossed my arms.

"I'm gonna go check it out." He went over to the dresser to put sweatpants and a shirt.

"Wait what?" I stood and walked over to him. He pulled his shirt over his head.

"I'm going to check it out." He repeated, grabbing his phone and keys.

"Uh no you are not! You have no idea who that is! They could have a gun!  Are you crazy?" Max was already walking down the stairs. He took our landline phone and handed it to me.

"Yes I am. If anything happens, dial 911."

"Max I am not letting you go out there!" I put down the phone and pulled him back by the wrist. Max pried his hand out of my grip.

"We don't know who that guy is. I am not letting him sit outside our house like its nothing!"

"Can't we just call the cops?" I suggested.

"I am going to see who that is." Max finished, opening the door and walking out

Max POV

I get her concern, but I am going to see who that is.  I walked out and whoever was in the car didn't look up. I knocked on the window.

"Hey!" I said. The guy, who looked like a shadow, looked at me. He rolled down the window. "Can I ask why you're sitting outside my house for 3 hours in early morning?"

"Max come on. It's me." The voice sounded familiar but groggy.

"Who is me?"

"God damn it." He groaned before getting of the the car. He walked around and stood in front of me. The darkness still blurred his face. "Now?"

"No. Dude I just woke up whoever you are." I took a glance at (y/n) who was ready to call 911. I shook my head and looked back at shadow man. I took out my phone and turned on the flashlight, shining it on his face. He squinted and shielded his eyes.

"Come on you're gonna wake up people." He complained. I moved the flashlight back, far enough so it wasn't in his face.

"Dylan?" I replied. "Why the hell are you acting like my friend?" I paused. "And more importantly, why are you sitting outside my house?"

"I didn't realize it was yours! I was driving around and got really tired so I just parked and took a rest!" He explained. I turned off my phone and shoved it back in my sweatpants pocket. "And I was just explaining who I was, not acting like a friend."

"Well get in your car, and leave." I ordered.

"Why?"

"Because you're in front of my house! My property!"

"I'm just gonna wait here for morning. I'll give (y/n) a ride. Honest."

"Dylan."

"Yeah?"

"Get out."

————

Oooohhhh. So again-Dylan is not crazy. He explained, it was an accident. I promise.

Vote
Comment
Follow

Love ❤️

Raven 👽💀