THIRTEEN : unexpected twists

.:Unexpected Twists:.

Imagine this, you know you're going to die. You know you're going to lose, so would you keep fighting? Or would you give up? Surrender? These are the thoughts spiraling throughout my mind. We've been looking for something, anything that might affect The Fallen. Nothing, we've found nothing. The only thing that might hurt them just a little, would be Lucifer's and mine powers, which won't last us too long fighting more than one of these beasts.

"You couldn't have observed The Fallen any further when you allowed them to enter Hell?!" I hissed at Luci after looking at the twelfth consecutive 1,000 page book. If you can't tell, this upcoming fight has put a strain on our relationship.

"I'm sorry Isabel, maybe there is something I wrote down, but that would be down in Hell along with The Fallen!" He snapped back at me.

"You have got to be kidding me." I mumbled to myself.

"That's it!" I jumped as Bobby slammed his gigantic book shut and smacked it down onto his desk that was littered with various items about demons, ghouls, ghosts, witches, and even werewolves. "Dammit you two, we're already stressed about finding something that'll kill The Fallen, we don't need you guys to be pissy with each other 24/7 also! Either make up and be a damn happy couple or separate yourselves on totally opposite sides of this bloody house!" Bobby snapped at Lucifer and I. He groaned and grabbed three books with him and proceeded to take the stairs to our room.

Running my hands up my face and through my long locks of brown hair, I sighed. "I'm sorry Bobby, I've been very moody lately."

"We all have been darling, but if you two want to fight, please take it to your room and keep it down to a minimum sound level." I cracked a small smile before standing up from sitting on the hardwood floor for hours. I twisted my body sending my bones to crack loudly in the stale air. In my peripheral vision, I saw Sammy wince as he watched me.

"You do know that's extremely bad for you. You're wearing down the cartilage between your bones, which is awful." I stuck my tongue at my younger-older brother.

"Last time I checked, you were into the prestigious college of Stanford for law, not medical crap." I retorted. As I was walking to the kitchen, I turned my head towards my left shoulder and called to the boys in the living room.

"Hey, I'm making myself a sandwich, does anyone want anything?" Dean answered as quick as a bullet.

"Hell yes! Make me a turkey, ham, cheese, lettuce, salami, and mayonnaise sandwich. Oh, extra meat please! Don't forget my apple pie along with another beer!"

"Fatty." I muttered just loud enough so he could hear. My comment earned me a ballpoint pen being thrown lightly at my back. No one else wanted food, but Castiel spoke up for the first time in hours.

"You've been eating a lot today Isabel, are you alright?" He questioned concerned. I walked back into the living room and handed Dean his food and beer before going back into the kitchen to make my own sandwich.

"Yes Castiel, I'm fine." I answered. "I guess I eat when I'm annoyed and bored." My words were slightly muffled by the food that was in my mouth. I sat in the couch next to Dean and laughed at him after swallowing. Watching Dean eat was like watching chipmunks stuff nuts into their mouths. His cheeks were puffed from the immense amount of meat, bread, and little greenery from his sandwich. He couldn't respond with his mouth full, but he glared at me which made me chuckle some more.

"Isabel, please work and eat at the same time," Bobby told me. Like a good schoolgirl, I nodded my head and opened yet again, another large, dust covered book.

-

I lay with my head rested on Castiel's shoulder hours later. Yawning, I adjusted my position and curled my body further towards my stomach. Dean, Sam, and Bobby were just as tired as I. They have been groaning and slowly have been drifting off to sleep much like myself. Castiel being his angel self never felt tired. He carried on searching through books as if he has only been at it for minutes, not thirteen hours.

"Everyone go to bed, I'm sure Lucifer and I can stay up and search through things." Castiel commented. With no protest, the boys stood and slightly organized their own piles of books before heading to their designated sleeping arrangements. "You should head up and tell Lucifer to come down here." Cas whispered as he nudged me lightly.

"No," I complained. "I'm comfortable." To prove my point further, I snuggled my head into his shoulder while inhaling the sweet natural smell of his trench coat. That trench coat that he never took off that always was immaculate and smelled just like it came from the washer, but I knew that wasn't true. He never needs to wash his clothing. Castiel's trench coat was one of my favorite things about him, besides his beautiful, marvelous, intriguing, dazzling blue orbs.

"Fifteen minutes Isabel. After that, I'm bringing you upstairs." Even the dim lighting from the small lap across the room couldn't hide the dazzling white teeth the shone in the moon's peak. Turning his face towards me and burying it in my hair, I could barely catch the mumble that escaped his lips. A small smile grew on my face. I felt at peace, I felt whole.

-

When I opened my eyes, Castiel was no longer with me. He held true to his words apparently. I was lying in my bed upstairs and assumed Lucifer was downstairs with Castiel studying. Glancing at the small digital clock on the wooden nightstand, I decided seven in the morning was early enough to get up. First though, I changed out of the jeans and shirt I had on. I put on a pair of loose fitting sweats and a Pearl Jam t-shirt before heading downstairs.

Sitting in the living room, sat Lucifer and Castiel. Lucifer met my eyes and smiled as if we haven't been fighting this whole time. Without looking up, Castiel became rigid and uncomfortable. "Have you found anything yet?" I questioned while leaning on the door frame.

"I think I did, but I'll wait until the bears are done hibernating." Lucifer joked, which luckily gained him with a little smile from me.

"Coffee anyone?" My suggestion went unwanted by either angels. Well, sort of angels. I made myself a cup before sitting next to Castiel on the couch. Lucifer sat across the room in the armchair.

In another hour Bobby, Dean, and Sam were up making breakfast. Once they were finished and we all sat down at the dining table to share the news Lucifer had found. "The Fallen, as cliche as it sounds, if frightened by new life." Lucifer said as I had just dug into my ham and cheese omelette.

"New life?" I questioned while I paused my fork before it entered my mouth.

"They believe any newborn human, angel, demon, hell, even a shape shifter might frighten them! I sort of agree with them, babies can be disgusting." Lucifer smirked before continuing. "The Fallen believe that if a newborn being if exposed to evil like them, might become worse than I, Satan. They think if introduced to their kind of evil can bring the end of times. It makes sense that they stay in Hell, no newborn being has been in Hell, but Heaven they have cherubs which might make them a little insane."

"So what you're saying is that we need to find some kind of baby of some-sort?" Dean scoffed. "Do you know how hard that'll be? Species protect their young, they'll kill us before we could even suggest to borrow their child to save the world!"

"It might not be that difficult." Castiel murmured from across the table. Everyone's eyes lifted to him before he glanced at each of us. His eyes locked onto his clasped hands before speaking. "Isabel's pregnant."

Don't forget to read the sequel, Lovely Burning.