NINE : god's favorite child

.:God's Favorite Child:.

Lucifer left once he awoke. He said that he had some hell-bound duties to attend to. I yawned and grabbed a large t-shirt belonging to Dean. Throwing it on, I unlocked the door and headed downstairs. My first step into the kitchen automatically gained three pairs of eyes on me.

"I'm ready to talk." I stated. Grabbing a glass of orange juice, I sat down right next to Dean. I quickly began explaining the story of Castiel/Tyler in heaven and why I thought he might still be alive.

"So, let me understand this, you and Castiel had sex?" Dean blurted out. My eyes shot open in surprise.

"Dean! I never said anything like that!" I shouted. Sam and Bobby laughed at my outburst. Dean scoffed and put his hand of my shoulder.

"Little sis, that story had sex all over it." I rolled my eyes and the three idiotic men bursted out laughing. I'm glad that we can make up so easily.

"We will help you find Castiel. I'll get a angel summoning spell ready." Bobby stood up and went to get a spell ready. Letting out a long breath, I was definitely nervous. I don't want to seem stupid and wrong, I hope he's still alive. I'm /praying/ he's still alive.

Three minutes later Bobby had the spell set up and Dean, Sammy and I stood in his living room. Dean and Sam took one of my hands each encouragingly. Bobby started chanting and with each Latin word I felt happiness fill in my heart. That was before everything came crashing down....

Panicking, I went into action. The Fallen had grabbed Bobby, Dean, and Sam. One more was ready to grab me. He was handsome in a savage beast kind of way, but that didn't matter to me, I was going to take him out. With one swift motion, I flicked my wrist towards the window above the couch. That Fallen went flying through it. Although, that seemed too easy.

At the time I wasn't thinking about why they were here, I had to summon Castiel. He could help us. In hindsight I probably should've contacted Lucifer considering he controls them, but no way in hell he sent these four men here to kill us. They had to be working alone. I ran towards Bobby's desk and grabbed the book with the summoning spell and was starting to speak when something hard smacked against my skull.

The object wasn't magical to get me a little dazed, it's my human body that chose to get a little woozy. Figures blurred in front of me. One of The Fallen in his black suit and tie fought with who I assume was Bobby. Stumbling back towards the desk, I mumbled a few incoherent words and hoped he heard me.

A loud popping sound came from behind me and when I turned around, I saw a fuzzy image of Dean ramming his elbow into The Fallen's face. Taking it as a distraction, Sam did the same thing then spun around and kneed him in the stomach. Bones cracked and weapons flew. No matter how many times Dean stabbed The Fallen with the demon's blade, it had no affect. Both of my brothers were yelling profanities. Slowly we realized that we weren't going to win. I had no idea how Bobby was doing since he was to my back.

Out of nowhere, a foot rammed into my back causing a sharp pain to shoot up my spine. I fell face first onto the wood of Bobby's floor in agony. My attacker gripped my shoulder and spun hard to flip me around to face him. I stared at his blood red laced with white eyes. His lips curled back into a menacing grin. The perfect white, straight teeth sharpened to points before my eyes, they looked much like those of a vampires, but align. The Fallen were truly hideous with their matching black suits, red eyes, and teeth. He placed his fist on my cheek causing my head to smack against the ground. All of a sudden, three sharp blades protruded from the spaces between his knuckles. He pressed down ever so slightly just breaking the skin. That's when I realized what they were.

Angel blades.

We were going to lose, that was definite. The Fallen had six angel swords completely embedded in their skin in case the one in their coat pocket was taken. No way I could use my powers, I was too overwhelmed. I squirmed and my stomach roiled in fear. Fear, that's an emotion I didn't miss. His face changed to one with determination. He brought his elbow up to strike and I closed my eyes and opened my mouth to release a scream preparing for the impact.

Although, that didn't happen. I cracked my eyes open and almost cried at the sight above me.

Castiel.

His trench coat billowed around him from the abrupt stop. He had thrown The Fallen off of me and across the room. His sapphire eyes met my dark, muddy green ones. His eyes were glowing. Literally glowing. A noticeable breeze flowed around only Castiel lifting his trench coat. An unmistakeable light started growing increasingly brighter. I could see Castiel's wings cast a shadow.

Beautiful

I tightly shut my eyes when the light became to bright for me to handle. Realizing the obvious dissipation of light, I opened my eyes and gasped. The Fallen, they were all gone. Just simply gone. I met Castiel's eyes and he immediately bent down to me and picked me up.

"H-how did you do that?" I stammered. Cas shook his head and placed a finger on my lips to shush me. My heart lifted in my chest. Burying my face into Castiel's chest, I started sobbing uncontrollably.

Castiel stroked my hair and cooed sweet things into my ear. As background noise I could hear my brothers and Bobby shuffling around confused at what happened. Although, all sound stopped when they saw myself in Castiel's arms.

"Cas..." Dean whispered in a very surprised tone. Castiel pressed his lips to my ear tenderly.

"I'm going to have to put you down now, okay?" I nodded at his melodious voice and my sobbing slowly started to dwindle to a few tears slipping down my face. Castiel kept his arm around my waist as he set me down. The warmth from his arm made me feel....safe, stable.

Dean slowly took a few steps towards Castiel as if he might disappear at any moment, which he actually can, but that's besides the point. "How are you back Cas? You were dead."

"I don't know how I'm alive, but I like to think that it's God's doing." Castiel shrugged indifferently.

"God's doing? What on earth are you talking about?" Bobby asked.

"I believe God resurrected me to watch over my honey bee, Isabel, and of course you guys, my friends."

"Really?" Sam questioned. Cas just nodded his head.

"God? Cas, Isabel and I saw you get stabbed to death! For heaven's sake I saw your grace leave you!" Dean spoke out loudly. I glared at him incredulously.

"Like I said Dean," Castiel's voice remained calm as his friend was gripping his fists angrily. "I know you don't believe in God, but maybe you should start since it seemed I was good as dead, but here I am, it has to be God's work."

Dean scoffed and spun around so his back was to us as he walked into the kitchen. Grabbing a beer for himself, Bobby, and Sam, he headed back into the living room. Plopping down on the couch as he took a swig from his beer, he pointed to me. "So, why were The Fallen after us? If I remember correctly, Lucifer said those things were controlled by him."

"I don't know why they were after us, but I guess that'll be a great question to ask when I next see him...." I whispered. I had no idea what Lucifer was doing. Was he actually trying to kill us? I love him. He'd never do that. The only explanation would have to be that The Fallen are rebelling, which isn't a good sign at all.

---------------

Yes it's short, judge me.

Okay! I hope you liked it! ;) I have the rest of the book planned out in my head! There will probably be a sequel! (Spoilers!) this book will be short but that will probably be alright if there is a sequel! Well thanks lovelies!

-Rory