FIVE : broken hearted

.:Broken Hearted:.

"Where did Cas go?" Dean asked once he stepped into the bedroom.

"He uh had heavenly duties to attend to.." Dean looked at me confused, but shrugged off my awkwardness.

"Listen Issy, I'm sorry." I groaned and stood up off of the bed. I put a hand up to stop Dean.

"Shut it, I get it, you're sorry you snapped and didn't know I hated this life, blah blah blah." I tried to slip past Dean, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Listen for a moment please." I stepped back and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm sorry I asked Cas to bring you back, I was desperate. Sam is getting all of these weird powers and to be honest, he's scaring me. I needed your help Issy. I wanted you to knock some sense into our brother."

"What happened to Sammy?"

"Do you remember that Ruby chick I was telling you about?" I nodded my head. "Well, she never died. Sam and I didn't get the chance to kill her. And I'm afraid to me, it seems like he's still on demon's blood."

"Shit Dean, why didn't you tell me earlier? How could he get Ruby's blood if you're by his side everyday?" I questioned.

"Sometimes, after a really intense hunt, I'll pretty much pass out on the bed and I'm afraid he probably sneaks out. Ruby isn't just his drug dealer Is." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "God Issy do I have to spell things out for you?" I tilted my head still not understanding. "They've had sex baby sister!"

How could I have not seen that coming? God, I'm turning in Castiel! "I see, we just need to talk to him. Okay, this might sound creepy, but maybe I can get Cas to watch us while we sleep, like a guard. If Sam starts leaving he can wake us up or he can stop him himself." Before Dean could say anything, Castiel appeared right in front of me.

"I heard you say my name Isabel." He said huskily. I grabbed his forearm and pulled him over to my side.

"Wow Is, you have him wrapped around your finger more than I do!" Dean exclaimed. I groaned and turned towards Castiel.

"So anytime I say your name you're going to pop in?" I asked him. He nodded his head in response. "Okay, that's gotta change. If I specifically ask you to come or if I'm desperately calling your name as if I'm in pain, that's when I need you to poof in." Castiel smiled at me.

"Alright Isabel." Dean gave out a low whistle.

"Damn Issy, what did you do to get the angel to be your pet instead of mine?"

"Umm nothing." I said quickly.

"We kissed. Multiple times I believe." Castiel told Dean. I automatically elbowed Cas in the ribs, but he didn't even flinch. Dean's wide eyes met my annoyed ones.

"Woah, an angel can score! Issy is a hard girl to get!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at Dean.

"Castiel, we need your help." He turned towards me and put all his attention on me. "It's Sammy, we need you to watch him at night. If he leaves the house, stop him. If you have any angel business to do then wake someone else up and we'll keep watch. Alright?"

"Yeah, I understand. I'll start tonight." Cas smiled at me almost...lovestruck, which in turn, I returned the smile.

"Ugh cut the lovey dovey crap!" Dean groaned. I glared at him and pushed past him to go downstairs and grab myself a beer. In a few moments both Dean and Castiel were heading down the stairs after me.

I pulled out three beers from the fridge. I tossed one to Dean and the other to Cas. Dean quickly popped the top off and took a swig. Cas tilted his head and looked at the beer oddly. I grabbed his from his hands and looked at him.

"Relax, you need one." I opened it for him and pressed it back into his hands. Hesitantly, he drank a little and made an odd face. "Oh stop being a wuss and drink it!" I told him. I turned around and saw Dean smirking at the two of us. "What are you looking at princess?" I asked him.

"Nothing Is!" I noticed that I saw Bobby, but not Sam.

"Bobby, where's Sammy?" He stood up from his desk and came to the kitchen.

"He said he had to go somewhere to run an errand, so I let him." He shrugged his shoulders as if nothing happened.

"What?! Dammit Bobby he might be getting more demon blood! How could you let that happen?!" Dean bellowed in his gravely voice.

"Listen here idjit, you didn't inform me that Sam was still on his blood kick! Don't blame this on me boy!" Bobby shot back. Dean ran out the front door.

"Sorry Bobby, he's just upset. I'll be sure to have them fill you in on anything!" I reassured him. Dean bolted back in the house with his fists clenched in rage.

"Dammit, he took my fucking baby!" He yelled. I quickly turned to Castiel.

"Are you able to bring us to Sammy?" I asked him.

"Let me locate him first then I can try to transport you and Dean along with myself to him." In an instant Cas was gone looking for Sammy. Dean ran his hands through his hair angrily.

"Dean calm down." I told him. He quickly turned to me.

"Calm down?! Sam could be with that demon bitch Ruby and you're telling me to calm down?!"

"Dean, you know not to yell at me because I'm just going to yell back!" I shouted at him. He pouted and turned around. Suddenly, Castiel was back in the room.

"I found Sam. I assume he's with Ruby, but I can't exactly enter the household since its covered in angel warding sigils." Cas told us. He placed a hand on both mine and Dean's shoulders. "Ready? Remember, bend your knees."

"Cas wait-" Before I could ask how this would feel, we transported. I fell face down on the dirty ground. Dean stood next to Cas unharmed. Well, I can assume he's done this before.

"I told you to bend your knees." Castiel retorted. I flipped him off as I was dusting dirt from my pants. Dean, Cas, and I were in a large, worn down warehouse. In the middle was a small shack with angel warding sigils all over it.

"And you're sure Sam is here?" Dean asked Cas. He just nodded in response.

"This is where I leave you two, I'll stand and keep watch, but do hurry. I have a bad feeling about this place." I squeezed Castiel's shoulder, which earned me a smile from him.

"Let's go Dean." He pulled out the demon knife and prepared to use it. I took of the safety of the pistol that was in my pocket. These bullets would work on demons since they have devil's traps drawn into them. Convenient huh? Dean and I almost reached the door to the shed when I heard Castiel call out.

"Get in the shed now!" He yelled. I looked back and saw four men surrounding him. I cocked my gun and shot at one of them. The bullet buried itself in his chest. Surprisingly though, he could still move, he even dug his fingers in his chest and pulled the bullet out. It made an innocent clink as he dropped it.

"Wh-what are they Cas?!" I shouted to him. He pulled out his angel blade confusing me. That wouldn't do anything to demons.

"The Fallen! Get out of here now! In the shed! They can't get in it!"

"What about you Castiel?!" A darkness grew from within my heart.

"I'll hold them off! GO!" His crystal blue eyes met mine. Desperation and doom lingered in them. "Dean, get her out of here!" He bellowed. I struggled against Dean's hold on my arms.

"NO!" I shrieked. I watched as Cas tried to claw and punch at the four men advancing him. He'd try to slash one with his blade, but then another man would slice him with a scythe looking weapon. I saw Castiel's sword ripped from his hands into one of the men's.

The last thing I saw was the man plunging the sword into Castiel's heart.