Time, distance, I was here....[28]

Start from the beginning

They gave ‘whoops’ and a couple of whistles “you see now answer the question, why do you put salt on icy roads? Come on guys you should know this we learnt it for ages last year” I said.

When you add a salt to ice with a little bit of water, the salt lowers the freezing point of the water, keeping it from re-freezing as easily and helping to melt the rest of the ice.” Doug said we all looked at him shocked.

“What? It’s me…..Doug” he said.

I shook out of it “y-yeah…Doug that was right” I said.

“That was right, Doug you got something right finally!” Charlie exclaimed.

He smiled “I know I revised” he wiggled his eyebrows “right, Justine” he said.

She blushed and hid her head behind her book “We only revised we didn’t do anything so wipe that smirk of your face before I slap it of for you” she mumbled.

Doug stared at her dreamily, he wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box he was a bit…..very slow, he was her mate it was so obvious but she was a human she wouldn’t notice.

“Good job Justine you just did the impossible I’ve been trying for years to get Doug to listen to me” I said smiling at her she grinned sheepishly.

“Does this raise my grade like you promised?” she said hopefully.

I saw Doug’s face flash with a look of pain and he frowned I knew what he was thinking she's bothered about her grade and not me.

If Brent was here he would tell me not to butt in and I still would.

Brent, I miss him…so much, I wish he was here.

“A couple more lessons with Doug and yes…I keep my promises” I said grinning.

“Anyway, you know when the head master told you all that all the seniors could have a special trip at the end of the year after they get there exam results?” I said.

Exited murmurs and whispers erupted in the class.

“Because the other teachers picked” I said walking around the class, handing out the permission letters “wanna guess where I picked…because I'm just soo cool” I said sitting on my desk.

“L.A” some shouted.

“Australia?!”

“Iraq?!” Doug exclaimed.

Everybody stunned into silence and looked at him like he was crazy see what I mean when I say he's not the brightest crayon in the box?

“Iraq...Doug, why…what….how….” I sighed shaking my head giving up.

“Why in the world would we go to Iraq?” Justine said her thick British accent making Doug sigh in pleasure “there’s a confrontation going on, If we were to go there then we wouldn’t locate any high-quality hotel, and we wouldn’t have any good facilities that would make the trip any entertaining and the whole point of the expedition is for it to make us feel contented and pompous over our hard work and we cant possibly do that where there is a battle going on” she said flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

Doug just stared at her his mouth slightly open “That was hot” he breathed.

She scoffed in disgust and looked away from him.

“Were going Paris” I said.

Some squealed and some jumped up excitedly the boys gave each other high fives.