Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Training

I follow quietly behind Oscar and Holly. The door to their house is a dark red color and has brass cursive numbers nailed to it.

Number 28, if you were wondering.

Holly unlocks the door and leads us through their house, so quickly I barely get the chance to take any of it in. But from what I see, it looks normal. Basic, with minimal clutter.

We head straight to the back of the house and enter a small sitting room with a grand open fire place. The mantle has intricate designs carved into it and a stunning mirror hangs on the wall above it. Oscar steps over and grabs the handle of one of the metal stoking poles, then pulls it towards him.

I watch silently in awe as the wall slides forward towards us then across to one side, revealing a hallway with a door at the other end.

I look at Holly with my mouth wide open and she laughs, "What? A bookcase is way too cliché."

Oscar leads the way now and, at the other end of the hallway, punches in a code on the small pin pad to open the door. Inside it looks like a gym, with a small boxing ring off to one side and a punching bag hanging from the ceiling. Other fitness equipment is scattered around the room, along with a few people who have now turned their attention on us.

"We're back," Holly chimes, then walks over to a computer sitting at a small table.

"I'll introduce you," Oscar smiles at me as the few people come towards us.

"She looks so much like her mother," A dark skinned man to my right says.

"This is Luke," Oscar says, then Luke smiles a beautiful big smile at me.

"I would shake your hand....but..." A girl with dark, curly red hair up in a pony tail says. I realize she looks very familiar.

"This is Kira's sister, Sarah." Oscar introduces.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I decide is the appropriate response, to which Sarah nods in thanks.

"And this is Jason and Tyler."

Wait, what?

I turn my attention to where Oscar is looking and I meet Tyler's eyes as we recognize each other immediately.

"Aurora Moon?"

"Oh my god," I chuckle as he walks closer, his golden eyes flickering in the fluorescent light.

"You, um. You're a, I um. I had no idea." He stutters.

"Yeah, me neither. What about your twin sister?"

"She somehow missed out on our superhuman genetics," He states with a shrug, then adds, "This is my dad."

Jason waves an awkward hello, "I've heard a lot about you."

I feel like I'm some sort of celebrity or legend and I never even knew until now. All these people knowing everything about me before I know anything about them.

I guess now I know how Harry Potter felt.

"Aurora," Holly appears, "Hate to cut short introductions but we should really start getting to work."

"Yes, of course." I nod and she leads me over to the boxing ring.

"Get comfortable." Oscar says and gestures for me to climb into the square ring.

I slip off my shoes and unravel my scarf from around my neck. I glance around at everyone gathering over to watch, and feel comfortable under their gaze.