Chapter 16

A/N- Sorry this update took so long, I've been busy.
•••••

Chapter 16: The Address

"I thought we had to move away now?" I ask my father confusedly.

"No, I never said that. I said it was up to you to decide."

"I thought you were just saying that to make me learn a lesson or something."

"It is really up to you. If you think you can trust Quentin to keep our secret then there is no need to uproot our lives again."

"Really? Are you sure we are safe?"

"Of course. Look, Aurora." Dad steps close to me. "I can tell you like it here. I haven't seen you this happy in forever, and I know you have good friends. Me and Gran have been talking and I realize I can't make all your life decisions for you and that you need to learn by yourself. I trust you."

I wrap my arms around him tightly. "Thank you, Daddy."

When I go back into the lounge room, Quentin is sitting down on the couch again, leaning forward with his face in his hands nervously.

I make a fake coughing noise and he immediately stands up.

"So?" He asks anxiously.

"I'm staying. On the one condition you can keep our secret until the day you die."

He suddenly loops his arms around my waist and lifts me into the air, spinning me around in a swift circle.

"Oh my god." I laugh as he puts me down again.

"I swear on my life I will never tell. And I have good news for you, Aurora."

"Good news? For me?"

We sit down comfortably on the couch as if nothing had happened. As if I didn't almost kill him or that he didn't just learn I'm a freak of nature.

"I was going to tell you at the dance but forgot. You know how you gave me that book to look at for clues?"

"Yes."

"How far did you read?"

"Only like the first chapter or two, why?"

"Well if you had of kept reading you would have seen that letters started appearing that were randomly underlined. Very faintly though, like they had been drawn then erased. You'd miss it if you weren't looking."

"So what was the pattern?"

"Turns out that the underlined letters weren't random at all. I went through the whole thing and wrote down each letter that was underlined. The person who did it was spelling something out."

"Spelling what? What did it say?" I ask eagerly and excitedly.

"It was an address. I put it into google and I have the directions on my phone. It's less than forty minutes away, across town."

"Great work Q!" I lean over and hug him quickly and tightly.

"So when can we go?"

"Today. Right now. I can't wait or I'll die thinking about it."

"Alright." He agrees.

*****

That's the problem when you tell someone a secret. They just don't shut up about it.

"How long have you known you've had powers?"

"Since I was little. My mum told me that when I was a baby, she would catch glimpses of inside her stomach when I touched her. It was my memories of being in the womb."