9. Goodbyes

Dear Lexi, Olivia, and Kirstin,

It's been a while since I sent y'all some advice. Probably, a good thing, I doubt I'm one to give any sensible advice most of the time.

A lot has changed since I last wrote for you. The biggest part of that is me. I've changed. In good ways.

There's so much that has happened. So much I don't want to thing about. So I'm going to start with my most recent news.

My best friend is moving. Sixteen hours away. And as much as I'm trying to be supportive, I'm not sure I'm okay with it.

Not that I have a choice or say in the matter.

Lord knows, I'm going to miss her terribly. I'm hoping He'll send some help with that. People do stupid things when they're lonely. That's something I've learned.

But, I've got to keep in mind that she's not happy with it either. She's leaving everything she's ever known against her will. And I'm going to continue to be there for her as long as I can.

After all, goodbye doesn't really exist. It's only wait a while. And when forever begins, she'll be there. I hope.

There's an opportunity in all of this. I'm sure. An opportunity to grow and change and learn patience.

After all, patience is a virtue, which I shall come to possess.

Love,
Clara