8. Home

Dear Lexi (Olivia and Kirstin),

You came home today, Lexi, and I still don't know what your name is. I saw a picture of you and you're beautiful. I can't wait to finally meet you in person.

Hopefully, when you're older I can give you a link to this story and you'll read through it happily. Knowing this is written all for you.

Lexi, I can't wait for you to find who you are. Your parents are so happy that you came. And I am happy to have the chance to know you. I want to make a difference in someone's life.

You girls, one day you will understand what it's like to be afraid. Fear is a dark emotion that pushes you to do things you may regret.
But lots of emotions are like that, even compassion. Compassion can cause you to do something that may help someone else, but hurt you. You have to find a balance that serves the people and you.

I think that's what being a good human means. Finding a balance of emotions that helps everyone it can. You do have to understand that you can't help everyone. But that shouldn't stop you from trying.
And that's not saying you won't make mistakes. Because, God knows, we all mess up. But, God loves us despite that and we should love one another despite the mistakes too.

My hopes rest on you three girls. I think you all are going to change the world. Stay strong in your faith and know that you have at least one person rooting for you, always.

With love,
Cara