3. Improvement

Dear Lexi,

I don't know exactly what to say. My thoughts are stars I can't fantom into constellations! TFIOS reference!! Okay, back on track.

I guess today's moral will be that you can always improve. Getting better isn't hard, but you can't stop once you're good. You have to keep going. Don't stop.

I'm trying to learn that with my soccer ideals. We played our first scrimmage today, the first time we played as a team. And let's just say we were less than stellar. We had good parts and parts that we defidently need to work on.

Like how we couldn't keep the ball on their side. Granted, they are about a year or two older than more than half our girls and they had tryouts four weeks ago where as ours aren't even really over.

I got subbed at the end of the first half and didn't get to play again. All Coach said to me was, "Are you nervous...you are playing timid and not thinking."

And all I was thinking then was. I really screwed up that bad? I've been playing since I was 3, I thought I would understand this. Only, it's like a whole side of soccer I had only seen on the TV. But. Yes the is a but. I have the ablitiy to improve and Kelsey said that I was doing great.

With the right practice I might even get as good at foot work as Emily or as field conscious as Kaylee. So my advice for today...

Never give up. Spend time practicing and working and without a doubt something will come out of it if you go for it.

With love,   
Cara