Chapter Fourteen

Waking up the next day or shall I say evening was a nightmare even while seeing the most beautiful sunset. I had a splitting headache along with every other problem associated with a hangover. The fuel that kept me at bay from overstepping the line last night is now the toxic in my ocean. As I did awake in the evening, Jase had already left the room. Walking downstairs was a haze but i needed some paracetamol along with food. As usual all the guys were downstairs and surprisingly Kenzi was right in the middle having a good time. I on the other hand was a complete mess, I tried to make something to eat but ended up dripping the milk and spilled it all over the floor.

I did it. I somehow convinced myself it is all my fault and everything bad always is. Now i'm falling into that dark hole again.

Compose yourself Shae.

I looked up to see everyone staring at the mess I am and the mess I've made. Great, now i'm on the verge of crying. I just only managed to put the milk on the counter before I ran up to the bathroom and locked it behind me. Im crying to myself and I can't hold any of it back, I've bottled up so much emotion that it can't contain itself anymore. Someone started to knock on the door and I think it was Kenzi.
"Who is it?" Trying to hold back the tears only to sound intensely quiet.
"Kenzi, let me come in."
"You can't I am about to take a bath." I nervously lied only to realise this is the exact same bathroom where everything happened last night. That only made me cry more hysterically reminding myself of what my mother uses to say. "Its all your fault Shaelynn."
"Shae let me in now! Don't do anything stupid."
"Kenzi no. It's all my fault and im sorry for that. You lost a friend because of me. Don't you see my mother was right. Im useless and no one would ever care for me."
Kenzi is now banging harder on the door trying to budge it open and it's scaring me. I'm still crying and now i'm finding it hard to breathe. I want Jase right now to lay beside me and cuddle. Why do I screw up everything. It started to get quieter outside I think Kenzi left which was bad, my breathing is getting heavier and I can't move or breathe. I'm crying and I can't stop, it hurts soo much like someone is literally choking you and you can stop them but they're out of reach by a mm. Now there's more banging on the door, much more harder, I'm scared and I want to scream but I'm soo tired and exhausted.
"Little Shae open the door." I recognise that firm tone, Kenzi must've left to get Jase.
"Please. Help. Jase." I strained to get out the words.
Jase finally barged the door open but my breathing got a lot faster and I felt really dizzy. Jase rushed over to me and tried to bring me to the front room but getting up while still trying to breathe took all my energy and I faded into blackness.

I woke up in my own bed and no one else was in the room. I was too exhausted to get out of bed at first soo as I lay in bed I started to think about the dark place I went to last night. It made me think that what if I can never be happy without any negative consequences. I don't know what kind of person I will end up in the future but I hope that I will forget about my torturous past and finally move on with my life. However I don't think that could ever become a reality, im too scarred that it will stay with me forever. Realising that ive been sitting here for over an hour, I decide to finally leave my room. As I walked out of the room Kenzi was on the floor asleep and Jase was talking to some guy I've never seen before. I didn't want to wake her because she was probably really tired from all the drama last night, and the fact that she was probably going to kill me for that. So I quietly walked around her over to Jase and the mystery guy.
"Hey Jase and..."
"How are you feeling little Shae? And this is Gregory he is our house doctor."
"Well nice to meet you Gregory." I smiled at him then shook his hand, he seemed really nice. "Im okay now Jase a little hungry though."
"Okay could you wait downstairs for me and I'll make you what you desire. I just really need to speak with Greg ok."
"Okay." I said, then went downstairs to wait for him like he asked. I wonder what the doctor and Jase were talking about.