Chapter Eleven

Waking up next to Kallan was unusual but felt like it was meant to be at the same time. When I woke up he was already awake just watching me 'kinda creepy but funny if you ask me'.
"Hey what time is it?" I said trying so hard to think of something to break the awkward silence between us.
"Not sure I didn't want to leave you and have breakfast so I waited. I hope you don't mind."
"Aww Kallan you didn't have to wait but since you brang it up what are we having?"
"Bacon pancakes with a side of runny eggs and toast. Good?"
"Mmmm yes chef!"
I started laughing in my head, I found our relationship funny because we just fit in so well but the puzzle isn't complete for some odd reason.

We went downstairs and I felt like I was walking through mud. Jase was staring right through me and I couldn't look away, I've never seen him this way before. He scared me. I tried so hard to walk as fast as I could and to avoid him but my legs wouldn't let me and being in the same house didn't help. When I was eating breakfast which Kallan made, he sat opposite me at the table and I don't think I've ever felt more uncomfortable in my life. Jase and Kallan were having some kind of a death stare showdown and I wasn't the only one in the room feeling uncomfortable. Harry, one of the brothers, was in the room and I think he felt sorry for me because he called me over asking if I wanted to go out for a walk to which I happily agreed to.

Before we went out I had to get ready and as I was I could hear Kallan and Jase arguing, I couldn't hear all of it but I did hear snippets.
"Why did you do that?"
"Why does it matter to you?"
"What's wrong with you?"
"It wasn't my fault!"
"Get out of my face!"
BANG! The backdoor slammed shut, which signalled that I should get the hell out. As I was about to leave I had to wait for Harry to bring his car to the house. BANG! One of the bedroom doors slammed shut making me jump. I really hope I haven't messed things between them or me.

Harry and I was walking through the park in silence, I think he could tell that I was worked up because he stared at me the entire way or I just had something in my hair. We found a bench and sat and talked for a while.
"Thanks for getting me out of that room." There was a lot of awkward tension between us so I had to break the silence and try to get my mind off things.
"Man that was intense. I've never seen them that angry with each other."
"I know I felt so scared. Omg really. You don't think it's really serious do you?"
"No no no no. Don't worry you didn't mess up, none of this is your fault. But it was obvious it was about you soo... What could they have been arguing about?"
"Okay well I may have fallen asleep next to Kallan in his bed last night." I felt so embarrassed, I hid my face away and started looking at my nails. Note to self 'get a manicure and maybe a pedicure as a treat'.
"..." Harry literally sat there astonished, he probably thought I was a slut, I guess I did mess up. I felt so bad now I actually started crying.
"Hey, no, what are you doing? Don't cry it's not a bad thing. I just didn't expect it. Well on the plus side I know what they were arguing about and how to fix it."
I was waiting for him to go on but he just sat there so pleased with himself and I was staring at him waiting for too long.
"So tell me!!"
"Tell you what?"
"How to fix it." I was getting so annoyed now.
"Oh." He started giggling to himself which made me smile. "Sit them both down and talk to them. Obviously not together because they will tear each other apart."
"That was your amazing idea? Whatever. I'll use it is don't care as long as I know where I stand.

Back at the house I searched everywhere for Jase because I desperately, needed to talk to him. I don't think i could ever handle him looking at me like that again. I found him at the spot where we had our first proper conversation on the balcony.
"Hey do you mind if I come in, we need to talk."
"Come in." He said in a rough tone and didn't even look at me. It felt like a harsh stab through the chest. I'm still scared of him or how he'll handle things so I kept my distance.
"So what happened this morning?" I intended to sound confident and assertive but all that came out was a squeal. He gave me a quick glance but the room was dark which made it hard to see.
"Why were you in bed with him?" His voice sounded harsher this time which made me jump a little. I stood by the door to reassure an easy escape route if need be.
"I was asking him a question and that led to a conversation and then I must have fell asleep next to him. What does it matter to you anyway you wasn't even home at the time!" I was getting so worked up that I didn't notice I was starting to cry. "Jase i didn't mean to upset please don't be angry with me." You could hear the cracks in my voice as I struggled to get the words out.
He turned around fully and he probably saw me crying because he started to relax and try to come closer but I couldn't be near him I didn't want to break down yet. "Hey little Shae please don't cry. I'm sorry I shouldn't have lashed out on you and I know it's just that I get overprotective with you and when I see someone else with you I want to beat them till they can't stand but I promise you I will never hurt you. Never."

With that said I ran out of the room to the bathroom. I don't think i could handle another confrontation tonight and so I called my girls in a panic and they are coming ASAP by that I mean tomorrow and for the whole weekend. I'm glad we have each other, like they are willing to skip school for me and of course it was hard to convince Cami but I did. So now I am calming myself down in a nice, hot, steamy bath filled with a lush bomb. Feeling refreshed I went to bed and as I fell asleep a familiar scent of the outdoors and deodorant filled me as they engulfed me into their arms. Jase was back at my side and there was nothing I would want more.