Chapter Two

For a short moment my heart stopped, my world spun out of control, I fell to the ground. I had a blackout. My mother just told me that I am moving into her friends house 'temporarily'. I ran out of the house as fast as my legs could take as I felt the tear roll down my face. I didn't want to leave. This home was my everything, it's where I grew up.

I lived in a small neighbourhood and everyone knew me the children I played with as well as the adults. I respected everyone and everyone loved me, everyday some children from the neighbourhood would ask if I could come out to hang. I was the Queen bee of the estate and if someone dared to cross me, well lets just say they were never seen out when I was.

It breaks me to know that it only takes a couple of hours to pack up my whole life. As soon as I had all my boxes packed I ran again to my close friend in the estate is a Isabelle. She was short, beautiful, the most down to earth girl however she can also be a bitch if you treated her wrong. Isabelle was older than me by a couple years as I grew up she became my older sister. Isabelle always intrigued as I never had any close friends who treated me the way she did. Isabelle taught me things about life my mother wouldn't dare to tell me. Now I have to leave her, saying goodbye for her was the hardest thing I had to do. I cried and so did she, Isabelle reassured me that we'll always keep contact but I've seen too many movies to know that is a lie.

Driving to the new house seemed like minutes than hours. It's nice on the inside, elegant interior design and more rooms which are bigger than the ones in the old home. Although I'm still pissed as my own mother abandoned me. It's always been her, Andre my 5 year old brother and I.

As I'm exploring the house everything  has an elegant design except from one hall. Intrigued I start walking down as the black door at the end of the hall entrances me. Steeping into the room my jaw drops as I admire the room full of music records and exquisite art pieces. I also notice someone in the corner sketching, walking towards him, he jumps. Startled.

"OMG I'm so sorry I wasn't trying to scare you" I quickly establish.
"No I'm sorry, you're Shaelynn right? I was supposed to wait downstairs, for you to get here, so I can give you a proper introduction and show you around. I'm Mr Devonshire but you can call me Eric. I'm not around much but when the others get back they'll give a tour of the whole estate." Eric is confident in the way he talks and is a well-mannered man. He is quite tall, brunette, slim and is well dressed in a 3 piece suit.
"Well, Eric it's quite alright I think I have found my way around the house." I chuckle as I look around the room. He laughs too and nod in agreement but before I leave I had to ask. "How many others are coming back that live here?"
"My wife, Sherla and the children."
Smirking he turns back and sits in his corner.

As I'm finding my room I find myself curious about why he smirked after saying children. They probably only have 2 children right? Anyways I've found an empty room which I presume is mine. I only finish unpacking my clothes when I hear the front door open.

When I watch them come through the door I almost trip when going down the stairs. I see Sherla who rounds every child into the sitting room to welcome me. As the all stand in front of me I feel myself panicking. Again I find myself on the floor. Blackout.