Chapter Twelve

I woke up to my best friends jumping on my bed and screaming in my ears telling me to get up. I looked at my phone and saw it 2.30 pm, I must have been so exhausted from all the drama yesterday that it knocked me out. When I went downstairs nobody was there but I just assumed they were at school as it was a Friday. I made myself brunch well I tried, after watching me struggle Kenzi came to my rescue. She always did cook even if their were others who could, she would still volunteer but you don't hear anyone complaining. During our meal I told them everything that happened. They had a few concerning questions which got under my skin.
Cami asked "Why would you still want to be with Jase if you ever thought he could and would hurt you? That isn't the sort of relationship you should be in."
"I know but I just can't seem to let him go no matter how much I try" I defended myself.
"I just want to say they both deserve a good punch for scaring you and making you think your not worth it, because you are and that's all that matters." Kenzi stated which brang a smile to my face.
"Yeah she's right you know. I say leave Jase forget about him. He is just going to end up as another jerk."Cami added on.
Cami was really starting to get on my nerves the way she thinks her answer is right all the time and we should have no say. blows. my. mind.

I left Kenzi and Cami to think of some kind of plan for my confrontations to figure things and, the rest of what we'll do for the day while I went for a shower and got ready. Walking back downstairs to see what plan they made I was staring to feel nauseous but I passed it off, maybe I was just to stressed and anxious. We decided to throw a massive pool party which does get everyone together in the same room at the same time. I obviously had to talk to Jase and Kallan separately but knowing where they were was a big comfort. As the day went on we prepared the house with crisps and other snacks as well as some drinks. We all put our bikini on under our clothes and after an hour people started to show up. Cami didn't plan on going into the pool so Kenzi and I gave her our phones to hold onto. When Kallan finally arrived I cornered him into the laundry room so u could talk to him privately.
"Hey." I said quietly as I started to become really nervous.
I got no verbal response other than a head nod. "Okay I get it, enough of the small talk. Look I'm not sure why you and Jase are having serious arguments but I don't want to lead you on anymore. It's just not fair to you so I'd like to say that honestly, I did feel a connection but not as strongly as I do with Jase. I'm sorry if I hurt you but I didn't want you and Jase to fall out."

"Okay." Was all he manged to say as his voice started to crack. I could see the struggle he was holding onto as he held in his tears. I'm a horrible person but it had to be done.

Before I try to go talk to Jase, I definitely needed some air and a drink and my girls. Kenzi, Cami and I all sat at a table in the garden and they helped to ease my mind and relieve stress.
"Hey lyna can I borrow your phone to text my mum, mine is upstairs charging" Cami asked.
"Yeah sure, the bathroom upstairs should be quiet and free if you want to call her."
"Thanks" she smiled back.
Five minutes later Cami still wasn't back so Kenzi and I continued to talk because I still had no idea what to say, honestly she was always better help in these situations rather than Cami.

I finally found the courage to find him but when I looked around everywhere I couldn't see him. I found Nathan and asked him if he knows where Jase was. He was confused and replied " yeah he went to the bathroom after he got a text from you saying to meet him there."
"Oh okay thanks Nathan." I said while starting to run to Kenzi, I also think Nathan was right behind me. I was near Kenzi and I mouthed the words 'help bathroom now'. She got up and ran right to my side as we ran up to the bathroom with Nathan right behind us. I stood outside the door to hear them talk, Kenzi also had a ear against the door.

"You don't want her and she doesn't want you. She told me herself." I recognised the voice as Cami's.
"No that's not right and what are you doing?!" That voice was definitely Jase's.
"C'mon you have probably done this more than a couple times."
"No I can't do this with you and definitely not like this."
"Yes you can!" Cami sounded forceful.
"I told you no." Jase said in the same tone that sent shivers down my back.
We heard a bang and Nathan knocked down the door. Cami, shirtless, was on the floor with a cut on her head which she banged in the side of the bathtub. Jase was crying, curled into a ball on the toilet seat. I didn't even want to look at Cami, when I layer eyes on her it was like she was a whole new person filled with no remorse or regret. I went over to Jase and embraced him. Still holding onto each other we went to my room and lay on my bed together. I didn't want to leave him there but I had to check on everyone. Nathan took care of the party and got the rest of the guys to clean up and Kenzi called Cami's parents and an ambulance. I was no longer needed and went back to bed.
"Sorry." Jase whispered.
"We will talk in the morning." I reassured him and kissed the hand that wrapped around me.