Twelve

The night was pretty chilled and we didn't get up to much - apart from watching movies and sticking popcorn in Georgie's hair. Grayson kept sneaking his hand up Georgie's thigh but she always would slap it away and whisper "We're in public, Gray. Don't." Ethan was the perfect gentleman and kept his arm around me the whole night; through the romance movies, horrors, chick-flicks and even the animations, Ethan would find a reason to stay attached to me. But I wasn't complaining. It wasn't until Georgie and Grayson had gone to bed and Ethan was carrying me to the bedroom, that I realised that everything was happening for real. Ethan Grant Dolan loved me for me and my best friend and Grayson were sharing a bed down the hallway. Damn, life is at its peak. I went to sleep that night, thinking of tiny white bunnies hopping over small painted fence because that's what makes me happy. (in real life, this is what I think about if I can't sleep ;)))

*Time Skip brought to you by 'Geps, roll the ball.'*

"Hayden, we made you breakfast." Georgie giggled. Ethan wasn't beside me anymore and I could hear clanging of pots and pans from the kitchen. No, it wasn't spring cleaning again. The smell of burning wafted down the hallway as I slipped on my indoor shoes (crocs to be precise). Georgie pulled me up and dragged me to where I found Ethan covered in flour and Grayson scrubbing all the pots and pans because every single one had been used.

"What the hell? I'm dreaming. I need to go back to bed." I said, in denial of the fact that the atrocity before my eyes was real. "Really, guys?"

"We wanted to make waffles really bad and there were so many recipes to choose from so we each did a different one." Ethan smiled apologetically. I looked over at Georgie who was holding a plate stacked up with waffles, beautifully decorated with berries and chocolate sauce. I smiled back at the three. I walked towards Ethan, wiped some flour off his face and brushed some out of his hair. "Sorry, babe."

"Don't worry, I would rather do the cleaning to a good standard than let you do a half ass job of it." We laughed and followed the plate of breakfast to the table.

"Thank you, Georgie." We all cheered in chorus. Silence fell upon the room as we devoured the delicious food and I made eye contact with Georgie.

"Is today a beach day?" Georgie quizzed us as she finished her plate and took it to the sink. "We could go to Venice Beach and get churros." I nodded and looked towards the boys for an answer.

"We've got meetings pretty much all day but you should make a girls day out of it." Grayson suggested. Once both boys had finished eating they took the used cutlery and the rest of the plates to the kitchen; then left us so that they could get ready for the first meeting of the day.

"I'm going to take you to the best churro cart on Venice Beach. Well, the only churro cart but it's still the best." Georgie clapped her hands excitedly.

"George, you do realise I used to live in LA, I've been to Venice Beach before." I laughed because she was treating me as if I was a tourist. Betch, this is my birthplace. "I know about that churro cart and it sucks. Have you not tasted any better churros than the ones on the beach?" I guess churros was a touchy subject in this household. Churros have always been my favourite food and Georgie had always tried to top my favourite restaurant in San Francisco, a few cities over.

"No, I thought the churros on the beach were good." My jaw dropped when Georgie. I, her best friend, was not going to let her live life without trying the churros from Churros y la Felicidad (Churros and Happiness in Spanish).

"We are going there today. Let's make this San Fran day. There's so much to do over there." I ran into the bedroom and started getting dressed; picking out a thin grey jumper and some blue skinny jeans. I found my black heeled boots. I applied a layer of foundation, some eyeliner on each eye and some chapstick, just in case ;). Georgie wore a black shirt with a white crop top underneath and a pair of black denim shorts. She picked up some black converse and some knee high socks because "They're Grayson's favourite." as Georgie said. We called a taxi cab to take us to the airport and we were soon on the plane, ready for the 1 hour trip. It was only going to be a day trip but in Georgie's words, if you have money, spend it. My churro place was just a short walk from the airport because everything was so close together. I instantly brought out my phone to take a picture of the street we were walking down and I sent it to Ethan on Snapchat. 

"I'm not expecting anything good. I mean, the ones on the beach are pretty good." I sighed at Georgie's unbelievable comment. Was she being serious? I flew her to San Francisco to try these flipping churros and she says that she's not expecting anything good. Does she want to fight? I pulled her towards the store and the sugary smell filled my abnormally shaped nostrils. "I'm only going to get a small one because I don't like bad food."

"Will you just shut your mouth? You are going to love these." The shop was only small and didn't look nice from the outside; the surrounding area was suburban and wasn't the best smelling area, pretty much cigarettes and pollution. However, the inside was decorated neatly with pictures that kids have drawn and flags from each state in America. The shopkeeper knew me well and embraced me when I walked in. 

"Miss Hayden! Long time we haven't seen." Guadalupé swayed on the spot because he hadn't seen me since I last visited his shop. "And you bring a friend. Hola, amigo!"

"Hola, churro man." That's pretty much the furthest Georgie's Spanish went. She'd always text me when she'd be skipping Spanish classes. 

"I brought Georgie here to show her how amazing your churros are. She doesn't believe me." Guadalupé pulled out the chairs for us when we went to sit down and took the menus away.

"I surprise you? Yes. Gina will get surprises." He ran away and clattered around in the kitchen. I smirked at Georgie from across the table as she pretended to shoot herself. 

"Yes, Gina. You will get surprises." I put on a bad Spanish accent and made a moustache with my hair. "Is Gina excited?"

"Don't even. If this guy calls me Gina again, I'm refusing his god-damn churros." We both laughed but were interrupted by Guadalupé bringing 5 large plates of churros over. "Woah." Georgie gasped.

"I bring you different ones." He named each one as he put them down. "Sugar. Chocolate. Cinnamon. Caramel and Coconut." I handed Georgie a knife and fork but she had already picked one sugar one up with her hands. "Enjoy." Guadalupé retreated to the back of the shop to leave us in peace.

A/N

I apologise that this whole chapter was about churros but I love churros. And I live in Britain (the one place where churros are not popular). Why does the world hate me so much? Anyways, I have promised real life Georgie that we are going to go somewhere that has amazing churros. Erm, the new video has been said to be up in like 2 minutes so I need to get this up for Georgie. Erm, I really want to get to the video but I love you. Wait, that was forward. AH, the video is out.

Like, vote, comment and add it to your library.

From Pia :]