Twelve

Mitch's POV (duh)

"For fuck sake!" I yelled and ripped my report due to stress. Jerome and I were at my house finishing the project asap since it was due next week. He looked over and sat next to me.

"Dude what's wrong?" he questions. I was almost about to sob. I'm tired of everything. This is too stressful.

"It's just stress.." I quietly replied, picking up the now ripped paper and crunched it to a ball.

"We haven't finished the fucking report and it's due next week! I've been looking for facts and everything for the past few days with sleepless nights," I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could already feel Jerome staring at me, not saying a single word. A minute later, he stood up, and stacked the pages up to a neat pile.

"C'mon Mitch," he says as he grabs his coat.
"What?"
"I said c'mon. Get your coat, we're going somewhere."

I didn't said anything. I got my coat and got to his car. I sat on the passenger seat silently and he drives.
Twenty minutes later, we're now on top of a hill. I didn't knew how Jerome was able to get up there since it was still winter and freezing. He parks in a grass field. We both got out.

"Mitch hold my hand."
"What?"
"Hold my hand. I don't want you to fall off," He held out his hand and I quickly grabbed it. I could feel tiny sparks when I grabbed it.

He lead me to a cliff with fences around it. I could see the whole town. The hospital where I was born, the fire station I went to for a field trip, the school, and a lot more. It brought me back a lot of memories I had with this town. Most importantly, there was a beautiful sunset.

"This is where I usually go to when I'm feeling down. I just figure you can enjoy this as much as I do," Jerome whispers. We were still holding hands and just both look at the scenery.

"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay."

"What did you say?" Jerome questioned.
"It's a poem from Robert Frost. I heard about it from The Outsiders. I don't why I remember it though," I replied.
"Seems like a beautiful poem," Jerome says. I nodded.

An hour later, we are both laying down on the grass, just looking over at the night. It's very cliché.

I wish this would last forever. Just me and Jerome looking above at the stars.

"Thanks," I say to him.

"You're welcome. You know, you are the first person I have ever shown this place to."

"Really?"

"Yep. My friends would hate it," he replies.

We continued to lay in the grass for another hour. It was the best feeling ever. I wouldn't want to do this with anybody else. Only with Jerome.

Because, I'm falling for him.

-
A/N
Sup my dudes. I'm finally in summer break which means I can write more woo.
It's honestly been vv hard for me to write this since I don't watch them on YouTube anymore. But I'm determined to finish this story.
I might make a new story after this one. Idk.
Anyways good night/afternoon/day!!
(also yes I'm now obsessed with The Outsiders series thanks to my English teachers)