One

Mitch's POV

I'm one those people who are silent and feel isolated from one another. I only have one friend in my life at the moment. All the others from the past moved on from me because there are more better people than me. Of course everyone else is talented and worth to be with. Me? Well I have no talent or specialty to define me as a person. I'm not only isolated from people from the school, but with family. My mother, my father, my older step-sister Marley, my younger sister Kyleigh, and my younger brother Connor. Usually whenever my family does anything special, I'm the one who usually stays away as possible.

The thing, or person I believe, I have known for years is the voice in my head. The voice usually gets me away from doing anything. Especially when things could of change my life, it will never happen because of the voice. Just like the time I wanted to cast for an important role of a movie. And the time I had the opportunity to go volunteer in the spotlight. There's too many to talk about. I know I should ignore it but it's very hard to do.

It was the last day of summer vacation. Usually people are eager to get to school to see friends or to learn, but I'm not. Considering that I had no one during break because Lachlan had to go to Australia. Lachlan is my only friend. Sure he has other friends but I usually prefer being alone.

I decided to get a snack from the kitchen. I tried thinking of what could be in the fridge or the cabinets.
I got up from my room and walked to the kitchen. As I walked there, I saw my family playing bingo at the living room. They were laughing and having a great time. I enjoy but also not enjoy my family. I remember the time when I came out as gay and my family started asking questions such as, 'How long have I knew this' and others like 'Did I tell anyone or they're the first ones to know'. Basically my family could be supportive and creepy at the same time. They once scared a possible almost friend away by looking at him through the window.

"Hey son wanna play bingo with us?" My dad called out. My dad tries to get me to join the family games but as usual I reply with the same answer.
"No thanks dad I'm fine. I was just here to get a quick snack anyways," I replied. I got to the kitchen and looked through the cabinets. I found some leftover cookies from last night. I decided to also get milk. So my food for the night would be milk and cookies.

Nice one there Mitch. You could of gone out and buy something from a drive thru but nope you had to get god damn cookies.

I ignore the voice in my head. The voice is usually an asshole. I decided to bring the snack to my room as I do something very important. By important, I mean just mess around on my computer. I brought them to the desk in my room, put on headphones, and start the computer.

After hours, I got off and yawned. I looked at the time to see it was about 10 pm. Time flies by sure don't they?
I put on a new pair of shirt and took off my pants. I went up to the bed tiredly.

Tomorrow will be a new day.

Jerome's POV

Sometimes I wonder why the summer time goes fast and then school has to happen. People may think I don't give a shit about school, but I want to prove them wrong this year. Even if I mess around, skip classes, ditch school to go to concerts, I care about what I want to do in my life. Usually when I tell these things to my friends but they always think I'm joking. I always go along with it being as a joke but deep in my heart, I want to learn. But for sure there are a couple of things I want to do as a career. Being a bully was the most stupidest thing to be. And a mistake. I was pressured to do it but I now know how to control what I'm doing and think about the choices I'm making as life goes on.

I'm usually the only person at my house considering that I'm the only child and my parents goes to work. Usually I go to parties at the last few days of summer vacations but this time I refused.

I walked around the neighborhood to get a bit of fresh night air. I was relaxed. My problems with school goes away as the fresh air hits my face. I walked around for a while and then suddenly I hear screaming. I realized it was the last summer party I didn't want to attend to. I walked in front of the house to see toilet paper around the house, eggs splattered on the walls and windows, and screaming, laughing teens.

I then saw Preston coming over to me. He put his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey Jerome how come you said you didn't wanted to come and then you're here?"

"Technically I was just walking around the neighborhood to get air and-"
Preston then pulls me toward inside the house without me explaining. It was such a mess. The house was an abandoned house where someone got killed at. The police put tape around it so people won't get in but people decides to use it as a place for parties. There were music blasting through huge speakers, tables fill with snacks, and of course, the alcohol.

There were a lot of familiar faces around the party. Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes were making out in the corner, Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox playing beer pong, Adam Dahlberg and his girlfriend Alesa were dancing with the crowd. The list goes on and on.

"You in for a lady this year Jerome?" Preston suddenly gives me a drink as he asks the question. I almost snorted. I didn't came out of the closet to anyone yet. Not even to my parents. I hook up with girls even that I'm not attracted to them so they won't know the truth. There were a few gays in the school who came out through the years but sadly those people left the school or got bullied after that.

"Well no. Why? Should I?" I asked worriedly. I wasn't in for a relationship at the moment.

"Well you and Ashley Surcombe would be a cannon, if I say so myself," Preston winks as Ashley walks by. She wasn't a party person herself but also a very good student with straight A's who somehow got popular just because for her looks. To be honest, she probably wants to show who she really is in the inside instead of the outside.

"Well I'm not interested. I'm looking for someone who I can trust being with," I scoffed as he looks at me and rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. Or you could be a homosexual and make out with boys," He replied laughing at his own joke.
I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. He thinks I'm straight. Well of course everyone thinks the same.

I decided to leave and make up an excuse to Preston that my parents would be coming home soon. He then bought it and let me leave. I soon head out of the house of craziness and went home.

As I got home I sighed to myself. Tomorrow was going to be the first day of school. The last year of highschool. Senior Year. I felt ready and proud. I decided to go to bed.
As I tucked into bed, I looked at the ceiling of my room, thinking to myself, how time flies by so quick. I remember starting school like it was yesterday. I remember how my mother was worried that something could go wrong while being at school. I remember my parents driving me to school and them walking with me to the class. I remember how happy I was to see them at the end of the day. Now that I'm in senior year, it would be different and difficult for me.

----------------------------------------------
I bet all of you never knew this would be Jerome's real personality. Last author's note I forgot to mention that there will be vloggers and gamers in this. I never seen vloggers and gamers both in a same book before so this will be interesting.
I wanted to update the day after the prolouge came out but I didn't have time because I'm on vacation at the moment. Plus yesterday was the best night ever as I met bahmlounge. It was totally unexpected and I never thought I would meet them.
Also if you want updates from me on the books or maybe future books, please follow my social medias below. Anyways I'm going to enjoy my night as I eat pizza and watch YouTube.

Instagram: lemonadehowell