Side Story: Ninomiya Kazunari's POV

~How I Ended Up Falling In Love With You~

“I heard from my friend that they are going to tear down that corporate building and change it into a underground department store.” Aiba said with his usual cheerful smile that could brighten up anyone’s day. Ohno looked up at him with a blank look and asked. “Hm? What did you say?” He was preoccupied with reading a book that he just had bought.

Aiba let out a huge sigh and went to go speak with someone who would listen to him. No it wasn’t Jun that I was talking about but it was Sho. Aiba could always rely on Sho because he is nice enough to listen and reply back when Aiba wants to hear his opinion.

Why did I know that Aiba would go to Sho instead of Jun or even me? That’s because I was busy playing with my Nintendo 3DS. As well everyone knows that once I’m playing a game, it’s hard for me to even bother paying to attention to anything else. Jun was busy with text messaging his friends and no one wants to make him angry. So Aiba no option other than Sho.

My life is surrounded by work, which is anything relating to media and these days I don’t even have some time to hang out with my old buddies from high school or with my celebrity friends.

Yes, my life sounds boring until.. I met her.

I was charmed by her beauty, her personality and even her laughter.

This was the first time ever in my life that I felt that life wasn’t boring or dull. If she was a part of my life, I would be able to enjoy this feeling of love and happiness everyday.

Our encounters were purely coincidental but soon I found myself developing feelings for her. I could have blamed my curiosity to lead me this way… However I began to fall deeply in love with her.

~*~

I always I knew that Reinne was in love with Sho from the very start but I wanted to at least have a chance to enter her heart.

The way she looks and acts around him, there were already subtle hints of her feelings towards Sho but he was too busy to realize them.

Now when it’s just the two of us, Reinne would act cautious around me. I guess that can’t be helped, after all I suddenly kissed her when her eyes were closed. But I enjoyed going to that hat store and trying on the different and unique hats with her. That was my first time finding something else enjoyable to do other than playing games or practicing my magic.

The first time I ended up falling in love with Reinne was when I first saw her. I don’t know why but she made my heart beat faster with her smile. However as I accidently encountered her at Tokyo Bay and on the streets, I found myself intrigued by her personality.

I found her different than other girls who acted cute and shy around me but she was different. She was able to show two faces: one for work and the other for her personal life. For me to be able to see both, I couldn’t stop thinking about her.

Although now she is with Sho, some bits of my feelings for her remain in my heart. Love can never change in an instance so probably once I find a new love, those feelings I have for her will slowly disappear.

“Nino-kun? Nino-kun? Didn’t you hear me?” Aiba waved his hands in front of my face. I slowly turned my head towards him and he smiled at me. “We’re heading to the studio now.” I nodded my head to him and then we started to head towards the studio.

As we walked in the hallway, I could hear squeals and whispers from the women in the hallway. I shoved my hands in my pockets and kept walking.

All of a sudden, a girl carrying a few boxes fell onto the floor. Quickly Jun and Aiba ran to her side and checked to see if she was okay.

I was about to look away and ignore them but I noticed something familiar about that girl. She adjusted her baseball cap and bowed her head before she scurried away without saying anything.

A regular girl would have squealed if she saw two guys helping her out but instead she looked like she tried to hide herself from them.

A smirk slowly appeared on my face and we continued to head to the studio when Sho whispered loudly. “Reinne-chan!?”

I quickly looked around and saw Reinne in a fashionable disguise. I chuckled quietly to myself and approached her and Sho who were already whispering to each other.

“Yo!” I said and Reinne quickly looked at me. Her eyes began to widen and it looked like she forced a smile to me. I could tell that she felt awkward to be around me. “Ah, Ninomiya-san. Konnichiwa (Hello).” She bowed her head to me.

I smiled at her and then she quickly tossed her head towards Sho’s direction. I felt a bit hurt and offended but I guess her heart wasn’t ready to be comfortable with me yet. Or maybe she feels guilty that she had rejected me in an awkward situation. I still remember that I caught a terrible cold on that winter night. Crying plus snowfall definitely equals a terrible cold.

“Wah, did you make all these?” Ohno asked as his eyes sparkled and I could see his mouth drooling. I smirked at him and then she said. “Hai (Yes). Do enjoy these. I made one for everyone.” I looked in her hand to see a bag filled with bento boxes.

I began to wonder what was the occasion for her to bring bento boxes. She’s not a model anymore and her appearance is really different than what it was while she was a model, so the only thing for her to come to the station is to visit Sho must be that she misses him.

Ah, no wonder, Sho has been busy with drama specials that he had once complained that for the past few weeks, he hasn’t seen Reinne.

I started to envy Sho for having Reinne by his side. Only if..

I shook my evil intentions away and from the bottom of my heart had prayed for their successful life together. Although I fell in love with Reinne, not every love can turn out a happy ending like in fairytales.

But I was happy and I don’t regret falling in love with her.