Chapter 11

About 11 years ago when Reinne and Sho were in their last year of high school, Reinne made a decision to confess to Sho about her feelings for him.

It was a few days away from their mid-term exams and everyone was busy with studying to take entrance exams to universities.

Reinne had received a few scholarships from some universities who wanted her but she couldn’t decide which one to go to. But before she could worry about that, she had to make sure that she knew everything for the math exam that she had to write the next day.

But she accidentally forgot her notebook at her school so after school she decided to quickly grab it and then head to the library to study.

As she reached to her classroom, she overheard a few familiar voices coming from inside the classroom. She leaned her back against the wall and then peeped inside to see Sho and some of his friends. They were sitting near him and chatting about some things.

Reinne made a small smile and she was about to walk inside when someone had mentioned her name. She quickly hid and started to overhear their conversation. “Are you going to Keio University?” A friend had asked him. Sho shrugged his shoulder and sighed quietly to himself. He was preoccupied with work that he never thought about what he was going to do after he graduates. He was planning to continue with idol work but his parents were a bit displeased with his decision.

“Which university is Reinne-chan going to? Is she going to follow you again?” Another person joked and Sho got a bit angry with him. “Reinne-chan doesn’t follow me around. She’ll probably enter Tokyo University since her grades are really good.”

Reinne smiled and was a bit happy that he had defended her. “Well she is your girlfriend after all. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did follow you to Keio.” One of his friends retorted and started to snicker under his breath. Now Sho was pissed off that they kept mentioning her name. He didn’t want his friend to misinterpret their relationship.

“Reinne-chan is just a childhood friend. We happened to share the same birthday but I absolutely have no romantic feelings for her. She’s just a little sister to me. I can never develop any romantic feelings for her.” Sho said and started to pack up his things.

Reinne widened her eyes and his words had burned through her head. She couldn’t believe that he would never fall in love with her. She was heart-broken, depressed and hurt by this revelation that she quickly slipped away before anyone had noticed her.

She couldn’t even concentrate on her math exam the next day that she had almost failed the test. But her teachers knew that she was acting weirdly so they decided to give her a make-up test.

She passed it but with an average grade. She dropped down from 1st rank to 5th rank and everyone began to notice her often spacing out.

When Sho came back to school if he didn’t have any work, many people told him about Reinne’s strange behavior so he decided to talk with her. But Reinne wanted him to leave her alone. After a few days later, Reinne decided to go to Tokyo University just to avoid Sho as much as she could without being too obvious.

At least 15 years of being in love with Sho, Reinne was too crushed. She couldn’t even express her feelings out for him and she already knew that she was going to be rejected. She hid that fact deep into her heart until now, she is now confident enough to believe that maybe Sho’s feelings for her might change.

~*~

It was finally the day of the fashion show. Famous stars and fashion designers had filled up the seats and the audience seats were filled with fans. The fashion show was held at Tokyo Dome but it seemed like Tokyo Dome wasn’t big enough to fill everyone who had wanted to see the fashion show.