Chapter 13-Promise

I got up off the floor and turned to around to be revolted by who was standing there.

"Hey Indigo" he said in a sly voice. "Did you miss me?"

"Why are you back?" I questioned, trying to keep my voice calm.

"You tell me." He chuckled. "I wanted to come back this morning just to get the job done but I love messing with you so I thought I'd be a surprise." He walked towards me, I froze as he got closer and closer until he was standing right in front of me and grabbed my wrist. I tried to pull my arm away but his grip was so tight. He forcefully put my hand to his chest. "See a beating heart. I'm more than just an imagination sweetie, I'm real and could kill you within a second."
I flinched at his words and he through my wrist out of his grasp.

Now knowing that he was real I remembered that the doctor hadn't took away my dinner tray yet. I quickly move for the steak knife and grabbed it. Before he could stop me I stabbed him in the arm with the knife. He moved backwards and pulled the knife out of his arm. As he launched towards me I tried to move out of the way but he was too fast. He pinned down my arms against the floor.

"Now be nice, plus if you wanna hurt me you're going to have to work on your aim babe." He smirked. I tried to get him off but he was stronger than me. "Maybe now you'll actually pay attention to me and not mess around."

"I don't even know who you are or what have I've done to make you want to hurt me."

"Well first off you just stabbed me with a knife and don't have a very good aim, which annoys me, a pretty girl like you should be able to protect herself, never know what might happen." He moved his leg in between mine and laughed then moved his leg back to where it was. "But seriously, my names Liu, Jeff's brother hence the resemblance, he got mad and killed our whole family, including me .." I was shocked as he said what he did. "Jeff's just very good at hiding secrets, as you may know."

"I can see that now, but why do you want to kill me?" I questioned.

"Honestly, it's because I want you to stop living the nightmare you're in, I've been watching you for a while and it hurts me seeing such a beautiful girl go through this .." He looked away from me as he started to tear up. "I just want you to be happy." He choked back tears and swiftly got off of me. he stood up then grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet.

Before we could carry on the conversation the doctor walked in. "I'm sorry but visiting hours are over now."

"Okay" We both said. Liu turned and hugged me to make things less suspicious. "I'll see you some other time Indigo." He smiled as he turned and followed the doctor.

A few days after being let out of the Asylum was finally allowed back at school, the whole day went perfect. I hadn't seen anything of my 'imagination' all day.

The bell rang for the end of school, after a long bus journey I finally got let off at my stop. I started to walk home on my own. Violet hadn't gone school today because she had the flu and had to stay home.

As I was texting Violet to let her know I am nearly home, I started to cross the road forgetting to look where I was going. I heard a loud horn and as I looked up, I was face to face with an on coming van. As the van hit me at full speed, the sound of bones cracking filled my ears. My body spiralled over the bonnet and landed onto the road, falling unconscious as my head hit the ground. The van driver stomped on the brakes and he got out.

The driver came and kneeled down besides my body. "I'm sorry Indigo but now you can be happy, sleep tight beautiful." Liu said as he slowly closed my eyes.

Liu quickly disappeared into the shadows and no one saw him again after that day, my death was put down as a hit and run.

"I was now living in what seemed like hell with Liu and my old my friends. I realise now where they had disappeared to .. They had died because of me ..

However I still watch over my family, they seem happy .. Too happy .. It's been at least half a year now and Violets started going to college, mum gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and named him Charlie, luckily he didn't look at all like Daniel.. Speaking of Daniel .. He wasn't anywhere to be seen .. Hopefully she had finally left the prick and he was left rotting somewhere. Jeff was finally caught for the death of his family and been put to do life in prison for his gruesome crime. Aurora had moved onto a lovely looking girl and has finished school, got her own place and is finally moving on with her life. Ben has found himself a girl who will also put up with his shit but she cares for him, I'm glad he has finally found happiness outside of the bottle.

"I really do love to see them all happy but .. Best of all, I'm now happy too."